Cadets

12 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I doubt the accuracy of that statement.

a.  Last time we went through it here (i.e. the 990s thread), you could run a WC corps on $400,000 to $600,000.  For perennial top 12 status, it was getting up to $800,000 or $900,000.  I imagine the number has crept up a bit over the past 2 or 3 years, but it has not tripled as you suggest.

When Pioneer was going through our meetings with DCI at the end of the 2018 season, one of the criteria that we were required to meet in order to remain World Class was an operating budget of no less than $750,000.  Anything less than that and they didn't feel that a corps could operate at a World Class level.  At the time, we were told by Dan Acheson and Kathy Black that the majority of the World Class corps had operating budgets in excess of $1M, and that the couple that didn't were working with DCI to increase their revenue to get there. 

Take from that what you want, but the operating budget of a World Class corps has definitely increased in recent years.

• Like 1

My mistake, then.  So many people kept claiming that recent activity changes were not adding to the cost, that I finally chose to believe them.  But that is a topic for another thread.

At least Cadets, separate from YEA!, can focus on riding this out without a larger office and a handful of other programs to cope with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

My mistake, then.  So many people kept claiming that recent activity changes were not adding to the cost, that I finally chose to believe them.  But that is a topic for another thread.

At least Cadets, separate from YEA!, can focus on riding this out without a larger office and a handful of other programs to cope with.

....and without any recurring income that doesn't include member fees or DCI payments.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, cixelsyd said:

And how many of those examples include bingo receipts/payouts as "operating budget"?

Bingo payouts are treated as negative income, rather than expenses.  

Now, when talking about running a business, someone could choose to include payouts as an expense, but that's not how they are reported officially.

• Like 1