New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

17 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

She lives in Japan....a little out of the way.

Seems i was the first one to give her money to do a react.

Just a question;  if you pay her for a reaction, does she feel compelled to give a gushing positive reaction? In the hope you might pay her for more/future reactions she might think you are looking for?  Or do you think she’s completely unbiased and all her reactions are genuine and spontaneous?  Might this become an income stream for her?  I’m curious and, as I can be at times, somewhat skeptical of a funded response.  Personally I loved her reaction and it is how I’d hope anyone seeing drum corps at that level, For the first time, would react.  Especially if they had a preconceived notion of what they were about to see with regard to marching bands.

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Just a question;  if you pay her for a reaction, does she feel compelled to give a gushing positive reaction? In the hope you might pay her for more/future reactions she might think you are looking for?  Or do you think she’s completely unbiased and all her reactions are genuine and spontaneous?  Might this become an income stream for her?  I’m curious and, as I can be at times, somewhat skeptical of a funded response.  Personally I loved her reaction and it is how I’d hope anyone seeing drum corps at that level, For the first time, would react.  Especially if they had a preconceived notion of what they were about to see with regard to marching bands.

I'm sure it is atleast a part of an income stream for her. Especially with the ads she has on her videos + the number of subscribers and views she gets. But she isn't even close to being a big time youtuber so she'd be in trouble if this was her only source of income (assuming she doesn't have a spouse financially supporting as well)

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I was the first paid reaction she's done.   If you look at her prior vids -- and there are a lot of them -- you see a similar reaction to a number of genres.

For me, her reactions are real.  The payment is only to put my choice of vid to the top of her list.

total dino thread, lol

people on twitch are in it for the money, but they also enjoy doing what they do

youtubers, too

the number of people who can make a living off their content on either platform is infinitesimal, and this girl isn't one of them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance said:

total dino thread, lol

people on twitch are in it for the money, but they also enjoy doing what they do

youtubers, too

the number of people who can make a living off their content on either platform is infinitesimal, and this girl isn't one of them

Yep....she referenced my own channel in the description, and I am making zero off of it...but that's not why I made the vids i have. 

It's mostly re armory for the sport of fencing, and what i HAVE gotten is thanks from fencers across the country for the info i provide (which is worth more than any money to me).  One guy said I gave better info than the armory manual he got in college.  And I've been to large events where people from the midwest have said "Hey!  You're the guy with the vids!"

25 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Yep....she referenced my own channel in the description, and I am making zero off of it...but that's not why I made the vids i have. 

It's mostly re armory for the sport of fencing, and what i HAVE gotten is thanks from fencers across the country for the info i provide (which is worth more than any money to me).  One guy said I gave better info than the armory manual he got in college.  And I've been to large events where people from the midwest have said "Hey!  You're the guy with the vids!"

I would love to see the venn diagram of fencers / drum corps enthusiasts, except I suspect you are the venn diagram of fencers / drum corps enthusiasts.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

No there’s at least one more.  I remember a whole conversation the year BAC used some equipment in their Conquest show.  

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

No there’s at least one more.  I remember a whole conversation the year BAC used some equipment in their Conquest show.  

I'd have to look at the vid.

Troopers DID use a bunch of epees in their 2017 show.   Frankly, as a fencer and a corps vet, I would've gone with stage sabres (epee blade on a sabre guard and grip) because it would've been more suited for how they used them.  Unfortunately, I was not consulted (and I still don't know where they got them....it wasn't The Fencing Post....I suspect either Blue Gauntlet or Absolute).

A shame I didn't have that sale (since I make my living selling/repairing the gear and teaching the sport)....would've been nice!

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I would love to see the venn diagram of fencers / drum corps enthusiasts, except I suspect you are the venn diagram of fencers / drum corps enthusiasts.

There's someone else on this board (CrownBariDad) who's a fencer as well (an epeeist, but we all have our faults)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

I'd have to look at the vid.

Troopers DID use a bunch of epees in their 2017 show.   Frankly, as a fencer and a corps vet, I would've gone with stage sabres (epee blade on a sabre guard and grip) because it would've been more suited for how they used them.  Unfortunately, I was not consulted (and I still don't know where they got them....it wasn't The Fencing Post....I suspect either Blue Gauntlet or Absolute).

A shame I didn't have that sale (since I make my living selling/repairing the gear and teaching the sport)....would've been nice!

Maybe that was the show?  I seem to recall BAC using something that was super flexible as well.