New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

On 6/4/2020 at 6:37 PM, Cappybara said:

You know, at the time of the 2018 season, I thought a lot of people were overrating this show. And as a BD honk, I thought that while SCV deserved their win, I thought that BD would've been just as worthy of a winner.

This is my first view of Babylon since the 2018 season.

I was dead wrong. This show was by far the best show of that season. My god, the individual skill level is off the charts and the flow of the show itself is insanely good. That was a treat to watch

As a BD honk I couldnt agree more. SCV deserved the win and they were CLEARLY better than BD in 2018. No debate. Babylon is a beast of a show. As a Cali kid born and raised, my heart will always bleed blue, but I always root for all the Cali corps. Mandarins kicking butt, Pacific Crest appears ready to announce their arrival to the world and put four Cali corps in finals. Gold is top three in Open Class, and of course BD/SCV bringing those medals back to the west coast. Could not be prouder!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 8:37 PM, Cappybara said:

You know, at the time of the 2018 season, I thought a lot of people were overrating this show. And as a BD honk, I thought that while SCV deserved their win, I thought that BD would've been just as worthy of a winner.

This is my first view of Babylon since the 2018 season.

I was dead wrong. This show was by far the best show of that season. My god, the individual skill level is off the charts and the flow of the show itself is insanely good. That was a treat to watch

Should have won in 2017 too.

That said, the microphone problems in "Babylon," which were evident when I saw the show live in Massillon and then all three days on the broadcasts from Indianapolis, are frustrating, and DCI's production team acknowledged that they had to work pretty hard to mask them for the official recordings.

4 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

And now...

should have won

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Should have won in 2017 too.

You won’t get agreement from me there 🙂 I don’t think ourobouros came even close to Metamorph

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

should have won

Yup. And phantom should’ve won in 1989

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

As a BD honk I couldnt agree more. SCV deserved the win and they were CLEARLY better than BD in 2018. No debate. Babylon is a beast of a show. As a Cali kid born and raised, my heart will always bleed blue, but I always root for all the Cali corps. Mandarins kicking butt, Pacific Crest appears ready to announce their arrival to the world and put four Cali corps in finals. Gold is top three in Open Class, and of course BD/SCV bringing those medals back to the west coast. Could not be prouder!

West has the best, East has the least and the Midwest has the rest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

And now...

mHFxez0P5FVcurp8zvsUus6C7bdWijww3IcCbMQW

• Like 1

Five shows I’d like to have her watch:

1. That One Second - 2014 Blue Knights

2. Session 44 - 2018 Bluecoats

3. Ink - 2015 Blue Devils

4. Down Side Up - 2016 Bluecoats

5. Angels and Demons - 2011 Cadets 

Can’t find full show finals videos of these for obvious reasons...