New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

29 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am a Chief as in E7 rank. No Master or Senior Chief for me. I retire June 2021. Will be 24 years of active duty. Looking forward to retirement but I am going to miss the Navy and my Sailors. Been doing this since 1997. 

All this time I did not realize you were active duty. I like to kid or joke with my Navy friends, all the typical old Marine vs Navy stuff. Great to read your post. Thank you for all that you do. I joined in 89 made it to E5 but decided to try my luck at being a nasty civilian! 

• Like 1

I should have recorded my 3 nieces reaction to Drum Corps video's on youtube back in 2008 and posted them. 3 Japanese teenagers all played trumpet, and when I showed them drum corps they could not believe it. The activity has been active in Japan for a very long time but they were never able to see it, one day my wife mentioned drum corps and they did not have any idea what it was. Showed them and they become hooked. 

I was biased and showed them 85 Devils. 87 Garfield and all of BOSTON CRUSADERS that I could find. HAHA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

All this time I did not realize you were active duty. I like to kid or joke with my Navy friends, all the typical old Marine vs Navy stuff. Great to read your post. Thank you for all that you do. I joined in 89 made it to E5 but decided to try my luck at being a nasty civilian! 

Thank you for your service brother. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I am a Chief as in E7 rank. No Master or Senior Chief for me. I retire June 2021. Will be 24 years of active duty. Looking forward to retirement but I am going to miss the Navy and my Sailors. Been doing this since 1997. 

E7 in the Air Force is Master Sgt.  You don't get called Chief until E9...Chief MSgt.   And if you retire at that rank, it becomes a nickname.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I forgot how amazing this show was musically and also how incredibly dirty it was visually. Probably the dirtiest championship show of the modern era. 

Come on man. Let it go! Give props where they are due. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

2016 is the same as 1988 and 1989 for me. Not gonna let it go!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I agree they were dirty. Musically I can appreciate that show now. 

53 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

2016 is the same as 1988 and 1989 for me. Not gonna let it go!!

2016 was not as bad as I felt in 1988. That was just pure scorching for me. It was a long brutal season in 1988 and then it was capped off by the finals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

thank you for your service

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1