New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

26 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Was it me or she was more impressed with the drum line and pit than the brass LMAO. Still though major big props to Courtney for bringing more eye balls and ears to drum corps. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Was it me or she was more impressed with the drum line and pit than the brass LMAO. Still though major big props to Courtney for bringing more eye balls and ears to drum corps. 

Lol, you read my mind! I was about to say she was really impressed with the pit, but said nothing about perhaps the cleanest horn line ever!

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Lol, you read my mind! I was about to say she was really impressed with the pit, but said nothing about perhaps the cleanest horn line ever!

She's gotten pretty good at the lingo already....give her time!

18 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

She's gotten pretty good at the lingo already....give her time!

Does she understand what the theme of these shows are?  Maybe the folks requesting a show send her the reader's digest version of what the show is all about and how the music ties into it and certain drill moves.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Does she understand what the theme of these shows are?  Maybe the folks requesting a show send her the reader's digest version of what the show is all about and how the music ties into it and certain drill moves.

Don't know about the others, but I try to give her as much background as I feel i can without ruining the surprise for her.

13 hours ago, Ghost said:

Personally I think what she’s doing right now is perfect. She is taking these shows at face value and giving her reactions and newbie perspective. That’s exactly how newcomers to the activity are going to approach these shows too and I think it’s better that they not feel the need to overanalyze everything. It makes the activity more enjoyable 

• Like 3