New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Personally I think what she’s doing right now is perfect. She is taking these shows at face value and giving her reactions and newbie perspective. That’s exactly how newcomers to the activity are going to approach these shows too and I think it’s better that they not feel the need to overanalyze everything. It makes the activity more enjoyable 

agreed. 

On 8/4/2020 at 12:12 PM, 84BDsop said:

88.....definitely 88!

92 VK for me. Courtney would lose it for that one as well.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:11 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Lol, you read my mind! I was about to say she was really impressed with the pit, but said nothing about perhaps the cleanest horn line ever!

That score lent itself to that sort of performance. Definitely one of the cleanest horn lines ever. I always watch these videos and wish she could hear these performances live, because you honestly just cannot fathom the precision and power of the music unless you are there.

• Like 2

It’s really striking how much show design changed really not that long ago. It’s almost an entirely different activity.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

It’s really striking how much show design changed really not that long ago. It’s almost an entirely different activity.

It’s funny how my definition of old school changes. Now, I almost consider anything pre-2016 as old school. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Scott Adams mentioned this youtube "reaction" genre today - he points out how the fun of watching these videos is in observing the enjoyment of the person viewing the video for the first time.

I think he is onto something - there is something deep in our human nature that allows us to enjoy something new to us when we are surrounded by others who are enjoying that musical experience.

Worth a listen -

Episode 1084 Scott Adams