New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

No one can tell me this isn’t one of the top 10 closers of all time. Absolutely ridiculous levels of musicianship AND drill

It's a little ragged, and the transition to Canon sounds like they're on the verge of collapse, but yeah, it's one of the great high-energy closers.

Rach Star really epitomized Crown's design philosophy in the 2000s--come up with a central conceit that, on paper, looks silly or twee, but then they utterly commit to it, and somehow make it work like gangbusters.

4 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Next up...

I so miss watching Herbert

14 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

It's a little ragged, and the transition to Canon sounds like they're on the verge of collapse, but yeah, it's one of the great high-energy closers.

I love Phantom 2003.  It was their first year on B-flat horns and the first year of the Shaw/Rennick collaboration. 

However, one time I had a good friend of mine listen to their 2003 performance as I was so excited to get an outsiders perspective - particularly from a non-musician. 

First comment out of her mouth was "Why are they blasting?"

18 hours ago, Cappybara said:

No one can tell me this isn’t one of the top 10 closers of all time. Absolutely ridiculous levels of musicianship AND drill

Phantom 2003 is one of my favorite musical shows from Phantom. It was my favorite show in 2003. Their brass line was incredible and won high brass over everyone for most of the season until Finals when I believe an overzealous hype with the line caused some issues and they took 3rd in brass. BD and Cadets took 1st and 2nd in brass. But as good as BD and Cadets were in 2003 in brass, on a good day I would have taken Phantom. Not sure I agree about the closer being one of the top 10 all time, but I am not disagreeing either. There are simply so many great closers that I am not sure where I would rank it. It was definitely stellar and musically it is one of my favorites.