New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

9 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

The Tim and Fred Williams twins reacting to all sorts of genres of music is also super addictive.  They do a wide range of styles and their reactions are so earnest.  Knowing the 'big moments' of a song before they listen to them and seeing them get hyped even before "the hit" or "the drop" makes you anticipate just how big their response is going to be.  It's a similar thing with this gal watching DCI shows.  We know the 'big hit' is coming and she's already been geeking on the show and we can't wait to see her when the big moments happen.

Yeah, I watch their reactions a lot. Very nice young men willing to experience new things. One of them does a lot of solo reactions....he seems to love Sinatra.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:10 PM, SFZFAN said:

I've become kind of addicted to watching her DCI reactions. I think it's great that she is so much more animated by the old school stuff. Especially Madison. I suppose that's to be expected though. 

The newer school stuff is far more story centered. If you don’t know or get the story concept, then the stuff we think is cool will go unnoticed. E=mc2 is a good example of this. The story Crown tells, and how they tell it, makes the ending really pay off. She didn’t seem to have a clue what the story was, so the ending was just what it was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

The newer school stuff is far more story centered. If you don’t know or get the story concept, then the stuff we think is cool will go unnoticed. E=mc2 is a good example of this. The story Crown tells, and how they tell it, makes the ending really pay off. She didn’t seem to have a clue what the story was, so the ending was just what it was.

When she reacted to Crown 2013, she was more in love with the percussion than the brass lol. 

I told Courtney before reacting to new school BD shows, to go and watch Inside BD 360 for that particular year so she can get a better understanding of what they are trying to relay to the audience and/or achieve.

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

When she reacted to Crown 2013, she was more in love with the percussion than the brass lol. 

I told Courtney before reacting to new school BD shows, to go and watch Inside BD 360 for that particular year so she can get a better understanding of what they are trying to relay to the audience and/or achieve.

I don't care how many titles you have...if your audience has to do research to understand your show, you're doing something wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

I don't care how many titles you have...if your audience has to do research to understand your show, you're doing something wrong.

Crowds reactions and championship wins say otherwise.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Crowds reactions and championship wins say otherwise.

Could mean the crowd/judges  understand the show theme.  For some fans, like me with some shows, we just like the music, drill, and guard work.

7 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

except to the judges

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Exactly why I don't go to DCI events or subscribe online anymore. Still make my yearly donation to the Scouts but that's it. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

Mostly agree, although it depends on who "your audience" is.