New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

1 hour ago, inbetween said:

"This is the form where you can pay 100USD and get a guaranteed video request up on my channel. Your request will have priority over all other requests. After I receive the payment, I will send you an email with the exact time and date your video will be featured on my channel!"

I wouldn't call that chump change. But ya'll keep thinking she cares about any of the stuff she's watching. It's cute. 

What difference does it make if she truly cares or not? All i know is she is introducing more people to DCI thru her channel. I personally know someone that follows her channel that didn't know DCI even existed before the vids started popping up on Courtney's channel. Now she is binge watching DCI shows and is looking to attend a show once we get past COVID. And for that i salute Courtney. Maybe she cares, maybe she doesn't, just keep bringing more eyeballs and relevancy to DCI. Keep doing your thing Courtney. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

What difference does it make if she truly cares or not? All i know is she is introducing more people to DCI thru her channel. I personally know someone that follows her channel that didn't know DCI even existed before the vids started popping up on Courtney's channel. Now she is binge watching DCI shows and is looking to attend a show once we get past COVID. And for that i salute Courtney. Maybe she cares, maybe she doesn't, just keep bringing more eyeballs and relevancy to DCI. Keep doing your thing Courtney. 

It seems genuine to me.  I don't think she's a graduate of the "Ali MacGraw School Of Fine Acting."

I could listen to that accent all day.  Something about the Aussie/New Zealand accent that is so nice.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

It seems genuine to me.  I don't think she's a graduate of the "Ali MacGraw School Of Fine Acting."

I could listen to that accent all day.  Something about the Aussie/New Zealand accent that is so nice.  

Agreed. Been fortunate enough to visit nine different cities in Australia. Never got to NZ. But love the accent. And for the record, i do believe her reactions are genuine. But at the end of the day, she is introducing DCI to her fanbase and some are now paying attention to drum corps in ways they never would have if it wasn't for her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Agreed. Been fortunate enough to visit nine different cities in Australia. Never got to NZ. But love the accent. And for the record, i do believe her reactions are genuine. But at the end of the day, she is introducing DCI to her fanbase and some are now paying attention to drum corps in ways they never would have if it wasn't for her. 

I would love to visit Australia one day.  People there seem so interesting.

I have a friend in Sydney.  I know there are internet memes about spiders the size of dinner plates there, but after awhile I felt comfortable asking him...

"Mark, do you have those large Huntsman spiders in Sydney?"

His reply....."Funny you ask that, I was watching TV a few days ago and saw something moving out of the corner of my eye.....it was a Huntsman that had gotten into my apartment and was crawling on the floor..."

He had to get a newspaper and sneak up on it.  He said he would have tried to scoop it up and let it outside but they apparently move very quickly and can easily hide.  I don't think knowing it was still in the apartment would help me sleep.  He assured me they don't bite, but somehow that doesn't make me feel better.

I reminded him that when I visit he needs to make sure his apartment does not have any Huntsman spiders.

Huntsman spider - Wikipedia

• Like 1

3 hours ago, inbetween said:

"This is the form where you can pay 100USD and get a guaranteed video request up on my channel. Your request will have priority over all other requests. After I receive the payment, I will send you an email with the exact time and date your video will be featured on my channel!"

I wouldn't call that chump change. But ya'll keep thinking she cares about any of the stuff she's watching. It's cute. 

based on the amount of shows she has put up, she's not in a higher tax bracket.

And if she cares, she cares. She has stated she would like to attend DCI Finals when it's back up and running, and she's getting eyeballs beyond us to see drum corps. the pros outweigh the cons

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Continental said:

She also lives in Japan which I hear is quite expensive.  

I spent nine years in Japan. 1997-2000, 2002-2005, and 2009-2012. Six of those years in Sasebo, three in Yokosuka. I can tell you from experience, Japan is very expensive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

I have a visit to Japan on my bucket list.  

Japan is mind blowing. The people, the history, the food lol, i can rave on and on about Japan. Just a beautiful country.  

• Like 1