New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

6 hours ago, supersop said:

She may not be educated to a high level about drum corps ... but her 1993 Star reaction proved to me that:

1.  She's learning

2.  She has very good instincts/intuition

This was enjoyable.

yeah..i mean to those of us immersed in the activity this show challenged us from all we knew. 

On 12/30/2020 at 7:41 PM, 84BDsop said:

I can't help but feel like the 2013 cadets did this closer so much better. But I'm biased and never really liked Star '93

• Like 1

Star arranged Barber's piece for drum corps.  The Cadets tinkered with its underlying ostinato and built a new piece that paid loving homage to Barber's original.  Very much like what the Cavies did in 2000 with McTee's "Soundings". 

I love both shows equally, but as a huge Barber fan, I hope it's clear that they didn't play the same piece.  

• Like 1

I love that she is getting new support for our activity.  She is enjoyable.  I see us in her excitement when we were all young to the activity.  I think DCI should her do commentary from a fans perspective.

I like this thread because it 'reintroduces' me to some of my favorite shows.

Man...Academy.  Drum Corpse Bride was seriously lightning in a bottle.  The Danse, the xylobones, the uniforms, the gravestones, the closer!  And most of all the relationship they'd built with the crowd through the season as they made finals for the first time with what was seriously a crowd favorite.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Man...Academy.  Drum Corpse Bride was seriously lightning in a bottle.  The Danse, the xylobones, the uniforms, the gravestones, the closer!  And most of all the relationship they'd built with the crowd through the season as they made finals for the first time with what was seriously a crowd favorite.

First time at the Oil Can was 2015 and first time I really saw The Academy.  Their ballad that year, with the field percussion also with double flags, really impressed me.  May they get their 2016 mojo back again.

https://www.facebook.com/shutuo097/videos/10215218445968191/?t=0