New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I like this thread because it 'reintroduces' me to some of my favorite shows.

Man...Academy.  Drum Corpse Bride was seriously lightning in a bottle.  The Danse, the xylobones, the uniforms, the gravestones, the closer!  And most of all the relationship they'd built with the crowd through the season as they made finals for the first time with what was seriously a crowd favorite.

I have never, in almost 40 years in the activity, seen the kind of crowd love Academy got just entering the stadium for finals retreat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

I have never, in almost 40 years in the activity, seen the kind of crowd love Academy got just entering the stadium for finals retreat.

first time finalists are always special....Mandarins the same not long after...but to me the best was Troopers getting back into final in 09 and Brandts special introduction. I was bummed Blue Stars didn't get a similar one in 08

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 8:54 PM, Dpsouthern81 said:

I'm definitely ignorant of the source music for the closer, but to me the arrangement of the closer sounds so highschool to me. Love the opener of this show though 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm definitely ignorant of the source music for the closer, but to me the arrangement of the closer sounds so highschool to me. Love the opener of this show though 

It’s Harvest, John Mackey’s trombone concerto.

17 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I listen to that show and I think how absolutely wonderful and unique the arrangements are.   I can't get enough of that lower brass. 

It makes me nostalgic for that kind of music on the field.  

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Ghost said:

She watched this show a year ago?

No, she watched a video that was uploaded a year ago. 

She is expanding her reactions to the more usual categories.

She reacted to Bobby Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers singing “Unchained Melody” on the old Andy Williams TV show from around 1964. It is a great video, and the orchestra does a great job. All reactors do that one; the quality is excellent for the timeframe.

She also reacted to a video of the old Abbot and Costello “Who’s on First” routine from their okd TV show, not the film version from “Naughty Nineties”.