New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

her face when the guard does the splits and uh...spread....LOL....ahhh the Fabric Regiment!

Oh yeah....I grinned like an idiot when I remembered THAT was coming up.

Edited by 84BDsop

I love the fact she recognizes and "hears" the differences in the G horns.  Yes Courtney, I love and miss that sound also.

58 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I love the fact she recognizes and "hears" the differences in the G horns.  Yes Courtney, I love and miss that sound also.

She does better than I do. Any differences I hear (including hearing both live at same show) I can attribute to style of playing and different manufacturers. Then again I never played Bb corps horns only G (piston/rotor in the 70s, 2v in 80s and 3v in 2000s)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

48 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

It's not just the difference in horn sound.  Recordings prior to Lucas Oil had a lot more audible audience reaction.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Continental said:

It's not just the difference in horn sound.  Recordings prior to Lucas Oil had a lot more audible audience reaction.  

I don't watch drum corps for audience reaction. Why would that matter? It is like the annoying screaming like your hair is on fire during winter guard shows. "Honey, shut up. i'm trying to enjoy the show." 

37 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I don't watch drum corps for audience reaction. Why would that matter? It is like the annoying screaming like your hair is on fire during winter guard shows. "Honey, shut up. i'm trying to enjoy the show." 

Big difference between people applauding and cheering and people yelling stupid crap just to be heard. No starting an argument just bringing the point up. Have a DCI legacy series dvd and shots of crowd going to its feet and showing their appreciation is a highlight imo

Edited by JimF-LowBari

all it took was the first hit from cadets 00 live for me to realize that my initial aversion to Bb was based on pure nonsense i had concoted for whatever reason. 

the only thing i really notice now is that bass lines and screamers came through clearer BITD because of their higher pitch.  i kind of miss that aspect of the brass sound a small number of corps could pull off on G.  other than that, i'll trade it for the benefits to musicality the switch to Bb provides.  worth it for what i find pleasurable to listen to. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Big difference between people applauding and cheering and people yelling stupid crap just to be heard. No starting an argument just bringing the point up. Have a DCI legacy series dvd and shots of crowd going to its feet and showing their appreciation is a highlight imo

Thats what i'm talking about. All the stupid stuff people yell. I've got no problem with applause. I just don't care to hear how much little jenny loves her sister from another mister and how she's going to slay etc etc. Or the giant a$$ that always screams something during a soft moment. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 9:38 PM, Jeff Ream said:

her face when the guard does the splits and uh...spread....LOL....ahhh the Fabric Regiment!

That was the best. The "woke" facial .......

expression.

Oh wait......that didn't sound right.

Ok, I announce that I will cancel myself from this forum. But feel free in outrage to partake of my old threads and post with glee and defiance.