New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

Seems to be a lot of critique about New Zealand Girl and her reactions to viewing various clips on youtube about 'our activity' drum corps. I think she has done an outstanding job as a "new recruit" introducing her to the exposure of drum corps. Everyone is being far to critical of her and her reviews.

What if? every response from her was a response from a member of your family for the first time viewing this activity, would you still feel so critical and the same way?

Cut her some slack!

We should all be glad that she is interested enough to look at the activity, review performances of corps and spend her time to create a youtube review.

You all are being far too critical of her. She has no obligation to do this and waste her time to make all of you feel good!

Edited by Rich Cline
expanded thought
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rich Cline said:

Seems to be a lot of critique about New Zealand Girl and her reactions to viewing various clips on youtube about 'our activity' drum corps. I think she has done an outstanding job as a "new recruit" introducing her to the exposure of drum corps. Everyone is being far to critical of her and her reviews.

What if? every response from her was a response from a member of your family for the first time viewing this activity, would you still feel so critical and the same way?

Cut her some slack!

We should all be glad that she is interested enough to look at the activity, review performances of corps and spend her time to create a youtube review.

You all are being far too critical of her. She has no obligation to do this and waste her time to make all of you feel good!

It's only a small number of people who don't see the value in her reactions.   She's been very open to learning about our world, and it always baffles me when some of our community see that as something of a threat.

It's like people saying they'd start a corps if they won the lottery, yet hating on Bill Cook for doing EXACTLY THAT with his own funds.

You can't have it both ways, people.

I was the first person to pay for a reaction vid (Bloo '14) and was happy to pay for others when I had money....and I just paid for another.

Her appreciation is genuine....she's definitely a Crown fan...and I look forward to each of her vids.

If some people don't like it, I suggest simply not commenting.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

It's only a small number of people who don't see the value in her reactions.   She's been very open to learning about our world, and it always baffles me when some of our community see that as something of a threat.

It's like people saying they'd start a corps if they won the lottery, yet hating on Bill Cook for doing EXACTLY THAT with his own funds.

I agree. Some of her drum corps reactions have reached 80K views. Not bad for our little activity.

There are lots of people creating these types of reactions covering a wide variety of entertainment areas. I am glad she is doing drum corps. She does a lot of military reactions, and I saw a Japanese marching band reaction from her.

Also watched her react to an old Abbott and Costello Who's on First video, which has become a popular reaction video. 

More power to Courtney, and I hope she continues reacting to drum corps.

• Like 1

At some point I'll drop some money for her to watch Cabaret Voltaire. Curious to see her reaction to it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

I agree. Some of her drum corps reactions have reached 80K views. Not bad for our little activity.

There are lots of people creating these types of reactions covering a wide variety of entertainment areas. I am glad she is doing drum corps. She does a lot of military reactions, and I saw a Japanese marching band reaction from her.

Also watched her react to an old Abbott and Costello Who's on First video, which has become a popular reaction video. 

More power to Courtney, and I hope she continues reacting to drum corps.

She’s also done some WGI and HBCU band reaction videos, so she’s experiencing many variations on our marching world.

• Like 3

I have also noticed that she has become more knowledgeable in her commentary, so she is definitely learning.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kevingamin said:

She’s also done some WGI and HBCU band reaction videos, so she’s experiencing many variations on our marching world.

May have to send her a DCA one....tempted as i am to send SoCal Dream 04 or 06, I'm actually thinking Renegades 03...comes down to money.

Additionally, I may want to find a middle-tier Open class corps and give them some love.  Or even a Div III (Ooooo....07 Memphis Sound?)

38 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

May have to send her a DCA one....tempted as i am to send SoCal Dream 04 or 06, I'm actually thinking Renegades 03...comes down to money.

Additionally, I may want to find a middle-tier Open class corps and give them some love.  Or even a Div III (Ooooo....07 Memphis Sound?)

How about 2002 Magic? It makes for a great story.

23 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Cut her some slack!

no we "all" aren't.

49 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Renegades 03 yes. Bucs 12 or MBI 11