New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

She really seemed to enjoy the little backside jumping shimmy the colorguard do in the block diamond dance formation. 

I know the visual gets a lot of praise, and deservedly so, but it's easily my favorite music program from the Cavies of that decade.  

Edited by Lance
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Continental said:

I wish the viewer had not been advised of the circles.  That seemed to be the focus for the majority of the program.  The drill in that program is so off the charts.  A visual feast.   One of the nicest OCD programs of the decade.   Drill moments when all you can say is "WTF" because of how incredible they are. 

Of all the Cavalier programs from long ago, this is one of my favorites.  That and 2008 Samurai. 

I agree! Truthfully it's an extremely good example of Michael Gaines work. The man has an incredible mind for drill writing. 

Edit: truthfully... I miss this type of show. I guess it might be because I'm getting older and that basically the shows I "grew up" watching. Shoot, everything about that show was just unbelievable. Visual design, music, percussion, and THAT horn line! The screamer at the end always makes me throw my hands in the air.... even if I have seen the show over 9,000 times. 

Edited by Hook'emCavies

15 hours ago, Lance said:

She really seemed to enjoy the little backside jumping shimmy the colorguard do in the block diamond dance formation. 

I know the visual gets a lot of praise, and deservedly so, but it's easily my favorite music program from the Cavies of that decade.  

Without a doubt!

One of my closest friends used to dislike the type of sound The Cavaliers horn line would make. So one day I went over to his place and I signed into my dci fannetwork account. I sat back and watched this show and as he walked by he wanted to know which BD show this was. I laughed and told him that it was The Cavaliers. It blew his mind.

On 5/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, Continental said:

I wish the viewer had not been advised of the circles.  That seemed to be the focus for the majority of the program.  The drill in that program is so off the charts.  A visual feast.   One of the nicest OCD programs of the decade.   Drill moments when all you can say is "WTF" because of how incredible they are. 

Of all the Cavalier programs from long ago, this is one of my favorites.  That and 2008 Samurai. 

It would have been better to say the show focused on “spinning” and rotation. I mean, it’s in the name!

10 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

It's a great show.  There were many visual moments.  But...her reaction to it is in line with how I reacted.  Nice.  That's it.  Of all the videos I have seen of her reviewing corps, this seems to be her weakest reaction. 

I hope someone shows her Phantom from 2006.  An emotional beast.  I wish I could afford to show it to her. 

That is how I felt in 2006.  Phantom IMO was breathtaking.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Continental said:

It's a great show.  There were many visual moments.  But...her reaction to it is in line with how I reacted.  Nice.  That's it.  Of all the videos I have seen of her reviewing corps, this seems to be her weakest reaction. 

I hope someone shows her Phantom from 2006.  An emotional beast.  I wish I could afford to show it to her. 

That is how I felt in 2006.  Phantom IMO was breathtaking.   

I'm actually the other way around. Putting aside my biased fan self... Phantom 06 didn't grab me like Cavies did. Phantoms hornline played beautifully and that opening hit is amazing. It just wasn't my cup of tea I guess...... she should react to phantom 07 if she hasn't yet.

Cavies 2006 is my favorite show from them. While I love Frameworks, Spin Cycle, and Four Corners, nothing hits like Machine to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, Kopeck said:

The ending of this show gives me chills! Especially when Regiments hits the chevron. SUTA!

So restrained. Wonderful design idea.

• Like 1