New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

On 6/11/2021 at 4:10 PM, Hrothgar15 said:

Lol at him calling like any full ensemble moment a "flex"

Percussionists, am I right? 😂

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

It’s been quite a while…

I forgot just how incredible Natural Woman was. I don't think any corps has been doing ballads better than BD in the past 6 years or so, league of their own in that regard in my opinion.

BD 2018 wasn't their most talented corps (tons of intonation and soloist issues all season), and the show had a pretty underwhelming ending, but it's such a cool concept

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I don't think any corps has been doing ballads better than BD in the past 6 years or so, league of their own in that regard in my opinion.

This past year we have had many corps do ballads that were extended musical phrases.

I sincerely hope that BD is watching and has learned that chop and bop don't always appeal to the masses. 

Courtney took a break from DCI because the people who pay for her to watch videos were watching DCI 2021. 

She really wanted to do some 2021 shows but she doesn't have access to them.  I will let viewers

decide what that means. 

Edited by Continental

On 9/6/2021 at 12:05 PM, Continental said:

This past year we have had many corps do ballads that were extended musical phrases.

I sincerely hope that BD is watching and has learned that chop and bop don't always appeal to the masses. 

Courtney took a break from DCI because the people who pay for her to watch videos were watching DCI 2021. 

She really wanted to do some 2021 shows but she doesn't have access to them.  I will let viewers

decide what that means. 

What corps did long, building ballads like BD did from 2014-2019? Especially the ballads from 2017-2019? 

On 9/6/2021 at 12:05 PM, Continental said:

decide what that means. 

i am sure some will get to her

Yeah, someday BD will know how to pull off a ballad.  Check, please. 

Regarding New Zealand Girl's reactions, I think part of the reason I like them so much is that she doesn't speak in cliches that are so overused, they're pretty much meaningless.  She clearly reads the synopses that her donators provide, but she doesn't just regurgitate them when giving her thoughts.   

• Like 1