New Zealand Girl Reacts to Drum and Bugle Corps

It was nice to see the old ending! I suspect that the old ending is the reason why the suggester picked the San Antonio show. Many people preferred the old ending and San Antonio was one of the last times they used it. And to answer the question she kept asking ... Greg Lagola was responsible for the color scheme.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think she gave it a 99.7

Glad she liked it, but does she understand the subtle meanings/reasons of props, drill, music,etc. of the shows she's watched?  The one I watched awhile back, her comments gave me the impression she didn't.

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Glad she liked it, but does she understand the subtle meanings/reasons of props, drill, music,etc. of the shows she's watched?  The one I watched awhile back, her comments gave me the impression she didn't.

These days, can ANYONE understand the subtleties of a show from a single viewing?

More importantly, does it really matter? She's promoting the activity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jthomas666 said:

These days, can ANYONE understand the subtleties of a show from a single viewing?

More importantly, does it really matter? She's promoting the activity.

Agreed. I know one person who is a fan of Courtney's YT channel, that before a weeks ago never knew drum corps existed. Now she is watching shows daily, and wants to attend a show next year live.

Regardless of how she is doing it, Courtney is bringing new fans to the activity, big props to her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Does it matter? There’s nothing wrong with just enjoying a show at face value, which a lot of the abstract shows let you do. Now some corps, who take everything too literally, well it’s a bit harder to take at face value for sure when you’re distracted by the cheese 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

no and thus the biggest complaint about design......she loves it yet doesn't get it all. too many fans don't get it all and don't have the desire to dig for all the super deep hidden meanings.

her reaction is what more fans need to have without having to know all that

• Like 5