4th of July Parades

I was just wondering id any corps have made plans for 4th of July Parades or if they have heard if they have been canceled.  I have always thought these parades were a great way for corps to make money and to expose a wider crowd to the marching arts. I don't know how much it would take to pull the corps together for maybe 3 days of parades.

many places along the east coast have already cancelled

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

many places along the east coast have already cancelled

There goes ALL fundraising opportunities! 

6 hours ago, ironlips said:

It'll be tough to play your mellophone through that mask.

You could always poke a hole through it .

i kid I kid ..

I doubt many organizations are on firm enough grounds to pull anything off at this point . 

Most of the membership are probably still in some sort of Pandemic fear . Isolating at home and not coming out anytime soon .

The NE and primarily NY got hit a lot worse than other regions . I really don’t see Many of those organizations being deep into the ranks right now . 

Googled yesterday and Baltimore area 4th of July parades not cancelled yet. But can’t see them being held or groups willing to be packed in buses to get to them. Just finished rereading The Great Influenza by John Barry. Just reminds me of the huge WWI war bond parade rally held in Philly during that pandemic. Just spread the flu through Philly so badly the city was brought to its knees

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Googled yesterday and Baltimore area 4th of July parades not cancelled yet. But can’t see them being held or groups willing to be packed in buses to get to them. Just finished rereading The Great Influenza by John Barry. Just reminds me of the huge WWI war bond parade rally held in Philly during that pandemic. Just spread the flu through Philly so badly the city was brought to its knees

I don’t see it either . I see way too many people on social media still scared of their shadow afraid to go outside unless it’s for essential trips to the store . 

I certainly don’t see large groups getting together sharing spit . 

Vegas recently cancelled the World Series of poker . That could have been in late July . ALOT more money riding on that than DCA.

33 minutes ago, camel lips said:

I don’t see it either . I see way too many people on social media still scared of their shadow afraid to go outside unless it’s for essential trips to the store . 

I certainly don’t see large groups getting together sharing spit . 

I wouldn’t be going any activities like a parades until I know for sure things are safe. Not being scared of shadow, just not taking chances for sake of something not that important

• Like 1