4th of July Parades

On 7/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Most dreaded words at Havre de Grace “we’re toward the end of the parade”. And had to be there about an hour before parade start regardless of where your place was. That was cuz they closed the streets going into town. Only place I had lunch while the parade was going on as had plenty of time. Not even Winchester, VA is that bad.

Oh god, don't remind me of Winchester... that parade REALLY tried me, IMHO. Especially near the end when you're going uphill before that left turn to the review stand and the crowd. The only good thing is right after that stand, you're basically done.

• Haha 1

my back didn't miss a one of them

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my back didn't miss a one of them

Weather report for the 4th in Bal-mur had me texting that sitting in the air conditioning with the floor fan on felt REAL good....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 4:04 PM, Percussion827 said:

There are normally 5 parades in Baltimore: Dundalk (good thing it was flat, mainly), Towson (Up the hill, make a right, then down the hill), Arbutus (never did it), Catonsville (Pitch Blacktop with the sun at your 4 O'clock!), and Bel Air (never did it). Add in Havre De Grace (That wait is lengthy at the staging areas) and it's an interesting time around the area.

I slightly miss them, but I also don't miss them from my days marching.

Parade Weekends were always fun for me personally because it was a time for the corps to get together.. let our hair down..relax... unwind ,,have some adult time and fun and let the good time roll without any of the so called stress of practices and scores. Unless of course it was tied in with a performance weekend then we had to tighten up a little bit. 

I think the last year we were together someone on the board decided to make the bus and the trip a dry one. It was unsettling to several of the members the way it went down. It was also the last year we were together and the corps went inactive after that trip. It was not the straw that broke the camels back for sure but it certainly did not help matters. 

Edited by camel lips