Seven Steps to Drum Corps Restart

2 hours ago, lameisrob said:

This would be the perfect time to revisit the scoring system.  Or more precisely, a time for judges to get their "minds right" about the activity.  Expanding creativity is a noble goal, but fans are buying tickets to be entertained, not enlightened. 

Despite hours of consideration, I cannot come up with a way to create a "Classic" division, where some corps can perform old school shows without being slaughtered by judges.  

My feelings on electronics, if a corps can perform their show as if electronics would not affect the total performance.  Technical difficulty delays should be penalized (one point for each minute delay). 

My $0.02. 

Judges are guided by the criteria created by the corps. They don't just decide what and how to judge their various captions. There is a wide variety in the types of shows being produced, things to please every taste. 

Electronics should be fully integrated into the shows, as much as any element. 

My $0.02   😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2020 at 3:36 PM, Jeff Ream said:

outside of posting recaps, no outcry online has ever changed the minds of the powers that be.

Maybe, maybe not (I'll leave that argument for others), but there's no denying that comments online have gotten under the skin of corps officials from time to time.

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Maybe, maybe not (I'll leave that argument for others)

Isn't that a fact? What is there to argue?

19 hours ago, garfield said:

Well, it is a high bar.

i thought you preferred "top shelf"

17 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Bad PR = online outcry.

nope. Bad PR= sponsors pulling cash and schools not allowing housing...especially schools, which had little interest in online postings here or Reddit or anywhere else.

13 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

We are often told that some of the DCI "powers that be" lurk on DCP, and have followed the more meaningful discussions that take place here.  IIRC, Jeff Ream is one who makes that assertion.  I have to wonder why DCI/corps people would pay any attention to DCP if they did not "give two flying ####s what people complain about online".

want the answers i have been given every time i have asked why they read?

" it's like going to Nascar and rooting for car crashes". " entertainment". and my personal favorite: ' well i like to read #### when I sit down to take a ####"

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Maybe, maybe not (I'll leave that argument for others), but there's no denying that comments online have gotten under the skin of corps officials from time to time.

oh for sure. just like happens to politicians, athletes, celebrities....

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

" it's like going to Nascar and rooting for car crashes". " entertainment". and my personal favorite: ' well i like to read #### when I sit down to take a ####"

Jeff, we both know what a misrepresentation that is. 

Tell you what.  I will give you an easy question, with a yes/no answer.  That way, you can have the last word.  Here it is:

Agree to disagree?

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Jeff, we both know what a misrepresentation that is. 

Tell you what.  I will give you an easy question, with a yes/no answer.  That way, you can have the last word.  Here it is:

Agree to disagree?

maybe

😎

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well hope that last person realizes some dcp’ers help buy their toilet paper. 

• Like 1