32 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If you think cutting down on tubas (what happened to contras?) is a better idea, how about cutting drum lines completely and using electronic drum machines?  Same logic.

Last time I'll say it:  Pits are too loud and too prominent in the overall sound of a "modern" Drum & Bugle Corps.  They're supposed to compliment drums and bugles (whatever the preferred term is), not dominate them in the mix.

10 bucks it's not the last time you'll say it, to our misfortune. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If you think cutting down on tubas (what happened to contras?) is a better idea, how about cutting drum lines completely and using electronic drum machines?  Same logic.

Last time I'll say it:  Pits are too loud and too prominent in the overall sound of a "modern" Drum & Bugle Corps.  They're supposed to compliment drums and bugles (whatever the preferred term is), not dominate them in the mix.

HMMMM and when was the last time we used " Bugles "?..lol

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I suggest the op strap on a glockenspiel and march up and down his driveway if he’s pining away for the good old days. 

Never said or implied that.  

I have carried a full size tympani with cranks - in a parade - , so I think Pits are a good thing.  

• Haha 1

i'm saying cut nothing. i ws throwing out a stupid example to match your stupid example

• Like 1

sit higher.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

You've been on a roll lately. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMVua5xo1pU54oz5Ue3Oe

Why reference my age?  Does it make my opinion less/more relevant?  That would be like me asking you how many DCI finals you marched in and won to gauge the relevancy of your opinion.

Just disagree with me.  😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Why reference my age?  Does it make my opinion less/more relevant?  That would be like me asking you how many DCI finals you marched in and won to gauge the relevancy of your opinion.

Just disagree with me.  😀

It's relevant to your biases and how in tune you are with the current generation who actually participate in DCI. 

None of the things you listed are what the younger generation want or care about. 

• Like 1