33 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Personally, likewise.... I don't like it

I knew I liked you, but the "Hook'em" thing.........UT?

Edited by greg_orangecounty

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Yep, a shocker that a guy who actually plays marimba, composes original music, and pores over modern percussion literature has a better idea of musicality in modern pits than you do :thumbup: 

Yep, shocker you get insulted every time someone has a different opinion than you.  I will fully admit he knows marimba better than I ever will,  but you make my point for me again and don't even realize it.  What a surprise.....😎

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Amazing example of tasteful pit.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Back when I marched we would have considered it an insult to suggest that we needed a synth/amp  to back us up.   

me too and i stopped in 96. and i was very against it all when initially proposed.

then i saw it actually used well in indoor, and had hopes it would bleed to outdoor, and it has. it's not perfect, but in the 6/7 years, it's come a long way.

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It's a lowered area ("pit") between the audience and stage where an orchestral ensemble provides musical accompaniment.  Think Broadway play, or Academy Awards.  

They're supposed to enhance the show, not BE the show.

and they aren't THE show. They are PART of the show.

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Yep, shocker you get insulted every time someone has a different opinion than you. 

Is that projection I see? Or just an incorrect assumption?

You know that we are angry when this topic has 8 pages of what....pits. This point in the season the brand new start of drum-corp 2020. But there is none in 2020. So the next topic is War on Color Guard....to much color in the guard? So what the H E double hockey sticks to we do? I really wish there was an online library of drum corp shows  of the past we can watch over the summer of any decade. All we have us YouTube. Oh well.

Whether you agree or not with the OP, he does have a right to his opinion. It's challenging to have a meaningful exchange of ideas when the insults start. Some on this site (with the strongest opinions) are the first to hurl insults when they don't agree with others. This site would probably get more participants if we didn't have to deal with insults about your views and/or opinions. OK...back to isolation!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1