Virtual I&E

WGI is also doing an "eSolo" competition in partnership with System Blue, which is open to all ages.

https://wgi.org/esolo/

I am curious to see what happens by Labor day weekend... especially for DCA

7 hours ago, darlacorp said:

I am curious to see what happens by Labor day weekend... especially for DCA

Wonder if DCA will bother doing anything or others will try to do something. Tonight got an email the huge October antique car show and flea market week (draws about 200k people) in Hershey got canceled. Appears concerns about finding volunteers (lot of elderly help out) big part of the decision. Now headache of dealing with HERCO (people that killed the corps show there) over legalities as sponsoring club rents HERCO assets to run everything. (I’m a club member)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

It seems like the more planning an event takes the more likely they are to cancel even far out. I could see if DCA was planning an outdoor event but not anything indoors even 3 months out, its sad really..  

Edited by darlacorp
Forgot word

Oh wait... I totally missed the "virtual " part of I&E... oops lol

I can’t imagine anyone watching that . 

DCI has announced that its I&E event, which has been dubbed the "Performers' Showcase" for the past several years, will be virtual this year:

https://www.dci.org/news/dci-performers-showcase-individual-and-ensemble-competition-goes-virtual

And the announcement notes there is an "over 22" division in which DCA members are specifically invited to perform.

Video-submitted performances will be judged in late July and early August. 

Darn you have to be an active member to participate for both under and over 22. DCA in the past has allowed current DCA corps members, current Alumni type corps members and past DCA corps members....

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Darn you have to be an active member to participate for both under and over 22. DCA in the past has allowed current DCA corps members, current Alumni type corps members and past DCA corps members....

Well, if DCA does their own I&E virtual event near Labor Day, maybe that will be an option. I know BigW participated last year, and I think he placed second in his category.