Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

If the 2020 DCI Season had continued on it normal course without the COVID-19 pandemic, where would you be today enjoying the season?  We could keep this thread going through the spring & summer?  This can be from a fan, marching member, parent, volunteer, BOD, administrative staff, or instructional staff perspective.  (I know by this time the spring move ins & spring training have already started.)   I'll start.

May 2020, Memorial Day Weekend:  I was planning a weekend trip to ATL to attend Spirit of Atlanta's Memorial Day Weekend Event.  (They use to refer to the event as their Friends & Family "Memorial Day Picnic" but I haven't attended in several years.). It has served as a reunion, fundraiser, & finishes with a "show & tell" from the corps.     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

During ST, I would make 2-3 trips to Marion, IN for Bluecoats’ camp and once or twice to Adrian, MI to catch Cavies.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

45 to 50 years ago today I would have been in a parade I did not want to be in.  Today, I participated in a "boat parade" I did want to be in.  Much more fun.  

And boozy.

Edited by greg_orangecounty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

sitting here doing what i am doing now

• Like 1

probably doing a spliff in the Poconos waiting for drum corps rumors to get real juicy!!

I'd be at home, but I would be smiling and excited from looking through the huge amount of photos posted overnight to the Music City Family & Friends FB page from the opening of spring training.  Something MCDC does really well is taking a large group of daily photos that are shared on that page.  I woke up every morning during the season eager to see the kids.  Good medicine for an old lady.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Wednesday, June 17, 2020:  This morning after parking long term at IND, I would have flown into Detroit, Michigan via DTW.  After hotel check downtown, I would be heading North to Waterford Kettering High School, in the Waterford Township, to watch Carolina Crown's  brass block with Harloff.  Would finish the night taking in their ensemble rehearsal.  Thanks COVID-19.  :sigh:    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx