Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And tonight, I would also be having an awesome burger and beer but at Royal Oak Brewery (probably) in their beer garden. I was planning on taking my friends Jim and @Terri Schehr there and driving them to the show. I would then buy my first show / tour shirt of the season and complain about my beer choices at Ford Field. And then I would have been in drum corps heaven!

Hello everyone.  I’m still here in the Chicago suburbs and being very careful, mask, hand sanitizer, washing my hands raw.  

Cases here in Illinois are testing at 3%.  I go out to stores now fully masked and I feel comfortable enough to have dinner on a patio once a week and a couple of beers at the outdoor areas at breweries. 

Jim and I are fine and haven’t killed each other yet.  I hope there will be a safe and effective vaccine developed sometime in the next eighteen months.  We are going to a cabin in the Smokies next month to enjoy nature safely.  Besides that, I pray that everyone stays healthy and safe. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hello everyone.  I’m still here in the Chicago suburbs and being very careful, mask, hand sanitizer, washing my hands raw.  

Cases here in Illinois are testing at 3%.  I go out to stores now fully masked and I feel comfortable enough to have dinner on a patio once a week and a couple of beers at the outdoor areas at breweries. 

Jim and I are fine and haven’t killed each other yet.  I hope there will be a safe and effective vaccine developed sometime in the next eighteen months.  We are going to a cabin in the Smokies next month to enjoy nature safely.  Besides that, I pray that everyone stays healthy and safe. 

I went to go pick up some takeout food last night and wore a mask as I walked into the side entrance (next to the bar) from the outside patio area and was harassed by some jack*** the entire way. Abbreviated version: First he kept trying to offer me to eat from his bowl of tortilla chips— “Just take your mask off. Why are you wearing a mask? Are you afraid of the COVID?” He and his buddy start to laugh. “No, I wear it for the same reason I wear a seat belt, because I actually have some common sense.” “Aw, c’mon, I’m just being funny.” [as I kept walking] “No, you’re not, and I **** sure don’t care what you think about it.” He just kept laughing as I went inside. Later, he made a point to laugh and wave at me as I was getting into my car with the food— I opened the door back up a bit, stepped out, gave a big wave in return,  with a smile, and said, “Go **** yourself.” It had been a long day and I was NOT in the mood.

• Like 5

I would be in a mad scramble after Cadets uniform reveal to make my little dude's uniform top before Allentown's first show.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

If by any chance you’re headed through Nashville, please accept my invite to stay at my AirBnB in franklin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

If by any chance you’re headed through Nashville, please accept my invite to stay at my AirBnB in franklin.

Can you send info on your AirBnB in Franklin via PM?  My wife & I have been planning to attend some concerts at the Franklin Theater but I think they just announced that they'll be closed until the end of the year.  I've also been in the area for winter guard events.  (We may just have to go up & dine.).  I've been to several events at the TPAC.  Great venue but downtown Nashville has become so congested the last few years.  But I'm ready call it a wrap for this CV-19 event.  Thanks!

Saturday, June 20, 2020:  Travel day with a short flight from DTW (Detroit) to IND (Indianapolis) to pick up my vehicle.  Then check in my hotel in downtown Indy for the Zionsville show tomorrow.  Would probably have enjoyed the shrimp cocktail & steak at Harry & Izzy's this evening.  :guinesssmilie:      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

On 6/19/2020 at 4:14 AM, year1buick said:

I went to go pick up some takeout food last night and wore a mask as I walked into the side entrance (next to the bar) from the outside patio area and was harassed by some jack*** the entire way. Abbreviated version: First he kept trying to offer me to eat from his bowl of tortilla chips— “Just take your mask off. Why are you wearing a mask? Are you afraid of the COVID?” He and his buddy start to laugh. “No, I wear it for the same reason I wear a seat belt, because I actually have some common sense.” “Aw, c’mon, I’m just being funny.” [as I kept walking] “No, you’re not, and I **** sure don’t care what you think about it.” He just kept laughing as I went inside. Later, he made a point to laugh and wave at me as I was getting into my car with the food— I opened the door back up a bit, stepped out, gave a big wave in return,  with a smile, and said, “Go **** yourself.” It had been a long day and I was NOT in the mood.

Have been hit with crap like that on social media. My response is “I already buried one person with a bad immune system. I wear it for OTHERS unlike the selfish people who only think about themselves”. For some reason been using it a lot lately....

• Thanks 2

After two shows in:
• Reading about how the sky is falling and it will be the death of some corps because they will still be out of finals or possibly falling out...
• Scores being too low or too high for some corps...
• The annual tour plague has already taken a toll on some corps, already...
• The Blue Devils are already poised to be the first place favorite...and they haven't even competed yet. :lle::doh::colgate:

Edited by corps8294
  • Haha 1