Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

Which shows would have been cancelled due to weather?

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Which shows would have been cancelled due to weather?

Certainly not Detroit, but it looks like the Indianapolis area is starting to clear & the storm to the west is starting to dissipate.  Zionsville would probably be a go.  NASCAR did get postponed to tomorrow afternoon due to storms.  

Zionsville update:  probably a weather delay due to rain/lightning during warm up. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Just wanted to share my little summer routine of the last few years, and God do I miss it.

I work a summer restaurant job (teaching pays like #### in Colorado), and our getting-older Great Dane can't handle the intense mountain sun (day walks mostly amount to laying lazily in the grass). So, every summer night, for the past few years, I strictly avoid checking DrumScorps notifications on my phone at work; then I get home at 11:00ish or midnight, make myself a cocktail or pour myself a beer (and grab a few extra), take the pup on a much-cooler late night walk, and finally check the scores for the evening. After digesting said scores, I'd then look at the recaps and digest the caption placements, and would wrap up the walk by searching YouTube for bootlegged videos from the night, or rewatching those I had found from the night before. Maybe would post some booze-soaked thoughts on DCP upon returning home, or wait until I got up the following afternoon to do so. All of that routine is still in place --- except for the checking of scores. Now I'll listen to a podcast or some music or just think, but god do I miss the ritual of diving deep into the drum corps world while unwinding every night. It is a noticeable absence from the nighty walk. Just seems like a part of summer is gone. Life is good, and everyone I love is healthy, but I thought I'd lament the noticeable absence of an activity I love dearly : )

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 6

From Santa Clara Vanguard's Facebook post Today, June 22, 2020:

(The virtual video performance available on their social media sites)

"Today would have been Vanguard's Family Day. A day where the entire Vanguard family comes together to share a meal and watch each other perform. One of the most beautiful parts of this performance has always been the performance of "Send in the Clowns" with our combined drum corps. Today, we would like to share with you a performance of the 2020 SCV Hornline performing for you remotely. Nothing means more to the Vanguard family than our corps song and we hope to bring some hope to your world today as we share it with you. There truly is no place like Santa Clara." 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jake W. said:

Just wanted to share my little summer routine of the last few years, and God do I miss it.

I work a summer restaurant job (teaching pays like #### in Colorado), and our getting-older Great Dane can't handle the intense mountain sun (day walks mostly amount to laying lazily in the grass). So, every summer night, for the past few years, I strictly avoid checking DrumScorps notifications on my phone at work; then I get home at 11:00ish or midnight, make myself a cocktail or pour myself a beer (and grab a few extra), take the pup on a much-cooler late night walk, and finally check the scores for the evening. After digesting said scores, I'd then look at the recaps and digest the caption placements, and would wrap up the walk by searching YouTube for bootlegged videos from the night, or rewatching those I had found from the night before. Maybe would post some booze-soaked thoughts on DCP upon returning home, or wait until I got up the following afternoon to do so. All of that routine is still in place --- except for the checking of scores. Now I'll listen to a podcast or some music or just think, but god do I miss the ritual of diving deep into the drum corps world while unwinding every night. It is a noticeable absence from the nighty walk. Just seems like a part of summer is gone. Life is good, and everyone I love is healthy, but I thought I'd lament the noticeable absence of an activity I love dearly : )

I totally get that... one thing I do on opening day is buy a 6 pack and my closest friends came over to watch a marathon of shows. And as the opening show started I would follow it right here on DCP and give updates to the guys. It goes to show how awesome DCI is!!

Anyway, seeing that you are from Colorado, have a beer from Estes Park brewery for me xD. 

• Like 2

Monday, June 22, 2020:  DCI "Drums on the Ohio" in Evansville, Indiana.  Interesting stadium called the Reitz Bowl with some tricky logistics for props & front ensemble equipment.  Would have seen Music City & the Troopers for the first time.  Other groups include BS, BAC, Crown, Cavies, & PR.  

Looks like it could be a wash for the show this year.  We had a delay for a downpour last year after the first two corps.  

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Monday, June 22, 2020:  DCI "Drums on the Ohio" in Evansville, Indiana.  Interesting stadium called the Reitz Bowl with some tricky logistics for props & front ensemble equipment.  Would have seen Music City & the Troopers for the first time.  Other groups include BS, BAC, Crown, Cavies, & PR.  

Looks like it could be a wash for the show this year.  We had a delay for a downpour last year after the first two corps.  

Cavies would have won 

• Like 1

Saturday, June 27, 2020:  With a great lineup, I guess today I would be tempted to order the FloMarching event to watch Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl.  Then I'd probably make the prudent decision to move along & work on my trip to the Memphis & St. Louis shows.  (Important planning of fuel, food & rest stops.)  :thumbup: 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Not just you N.E.B, but looks like topics are searching for discussion material.

Or, DCP Forums in search of members willing to engage in discussions that won't delve into meaningless discussions of COVID-19, the leader of the free world, or the Blue Devils are best drum corps to ever march on planet Earth?  :worthy: :guinesssmilie: :spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1