Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

"Gonna be a man in motion ..." toward the restrooms?

why do they put ice in the urinals?

Thursday, August 6, 2020:  DCI World Championship Prelims  at J. Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.  

Performing Groups: Everybody starting early   

Lot Weather Forecast: Sunny with a Hi in the upper 70s.  (Perfect for Military Park)

I wish I could hear Dan Potter's voice:  "Please enter the thru the East Gates", "Vuvuzelas are strictly prohibited", & "Be sure to visit the DCI Festival Marketplace"    

COVID-19 Sux    :grrr:      #MarchOn  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

I’d be enjoying my complimentary breakfast right now, then heading to Lucas Oil Stadium. I like to be in place for the first note played by the first corps competing and leave when the last corps finishes. For refreshments for the early corps I have a cup of coffee, which is not the greatest jo on the planet but not bad for a football stadium, and a danish which you discover had not quite defrosted. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

why do they put ice in the urinals?

I think in bars, they put it in the urinals because most drunk guys won't flush.  That way when they pee, the ice melts helping clear the urine.  That would probably only work for the open drain urinals or 'pee" troughs.  🤷‍♂️  

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I think in bars, they put it in the urinals because most drunk guys won't flush.  That way when they pee, the ice melts helping clear the urine.  That would probably only work for the open drain urinals or 'pee" troughs.  🤷‍♂️  

according to St. Elmos Fire, it's to make it taste better

a boogada boogada boogada ah ah ah 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Maybe another corps could have medalled for the first time? Guardians? Given their repertoire history, and given recent developments, I think they should do a Taylor Swift show.

Seriously, it's the least they could do.

I'd probably just watch Finals on Flo this year, but thinking back to my first time I attended Finals, it was when BD won in 2012 offering, and so I was amused a few minutes ago while reading some commentary on current events that began like this: "It's like the Cabaret Voltaire, but stupid."