Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

Breakfast on the hotel terrace & tough decisions; trying to decide where to dine for lunch.  That Indy weather! iSad...   

Friday, August 7, 2020:  DCI World Championship Semi-Finals with the Age-Out Ceremony at J. Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.  

Performing Groups: Top 25 Groups Advancing from Prelims  

Lot Weather Forecast: Sunny with a Hi in the lower 80s.  Low around 60 Thursday night.  (Perfect for Military Park)

Dan Potter's Stadium Announcement:  "Please enter the thru the East Gates", "Vuvuzelas are strictly prohibited", & "Be sure to visit the DCI Festival Marketplace"    

COVID-19 Sux    :grrr:      #MarchOn  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Friday, August 7, 2020:

Other events of interest might include: 

"Future Music Educators Experience" -- Friday morning at Lucas Oil Stadium

"IN STEP: Women of DCI Reception & Networking Event" -- Friday afternoon at Tavern on South

"The Lot Experience" -- Friday around noon at Military Park

i'd be setting up shop in the family room to work and watch semis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Wasn’t planning on attending Championships. Indy is so stale, vanilla and boring! 

The city really does not have much to offer. Madison in my opinion is way better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

The city really does not have much to offer. Madison in my opinion is way better. 

i was only in Indy once, and honestly drum corps in the dome turned me off. i didnt explore that much that multiple trips might have allowed because i was in the stadium so much. I would however not turn down return trips to St Elmos

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Wasn’t planning on attending Championships. Indy is so stale, vanilla and boring! 

Agreed, but then I don't attend any indoor DC contest, because the sound is so bad.  Even if held in San Antonio, which definitely is much more interesting than Indy, I would not attend.  The last DCI chamionship I have attended was 2007 Pasadena, which definitely is way more interesting than Indy.😉

• Like 1

setting up for the big INT in about an hour