Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

Finals always falls around my birthday, so on Saturday night we have a dinner.  After everyone leaves, I go out on the patio with a cigar and my 4th or 5th glass of Paso Robles cab.  I fire-up my laptop to see who came in second to Blue Devils.  My wife calls down from upstairs to ask if I’m coming to bed.  I tell her “in a minute” and then spend the next couple hours watching old-school Drum Corps on YouTube while reminiscing to myself. 

It’s a tradition I’ll miss this year. 

• Like 1

It's a cool 58 degrees this morning; Breakfast on the hotel terrace.  Indy weather has been incredible this week!   

Saturday, August 8, 2020:  DCI World Championships Finals at J. Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.  

Performing Groups: Top 12 Groups from Semi-Finals with "The Commandant's Own", Marine Drum & Bugle Corps   

Lot Weather Forecast: Sunny with a Hi in the middle 80s.  Low around 65 tonight.  (Perfect for Military Park & walk home to hotel)

Dan Potter's Stadium Announcements:  "Please enter the thru the East Gates", "Vuvuzelas are strictly prohibited", & "Be sure to visit the DCI Festival Marketplace"  

Other Day Events if so inclined:
Street Beat 5k
SoundSport International Music & Food Festival
DrumLine Battle
DCI Marketplace
Kick Start Leadership Workshop
The Lot in Military Park

COVID-19 Sux    :grrr:      #MarchOn  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Saturday of finals week: I would have slept in this morning because I was tired after two full days of drum corps. I would still be up at a reasonable hour, probably 7:30. Sleeping in for me is more about not waking up to an alarm clock. I’d enjoy breakfast, decide I was going to skip DrumLine Battle and SoundSport, then change my mind figuring  it’s only once a year, I travel all this way, they deserve support, etc. and go and I would enjoy it. I’d poke around Downtown Indy a bit, take a nap, meet up with friends and make another Shapiro’s visit, and then head to LOS. 

What will I be doing today? Going to Costco to pick up a few things, then I’m getting an oil change and since I’m moving at the end of the month, I may do a little packing. 

• Like 2

whoever had the highest score would have won

• Like 1

Facepalming and laughing at the Madison Scouts thread; another year of Madison alumni and fans b**ching, complaining, and bickering over their corps placement, show choices, and thinking they should always be up on top with the Blue Devils because they are the Madison Scouts. :doh::laugh:

• Haha 1

Is it time to start screaming at Flo streaming yet? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Isn't it usually about this time that Bruckner8 pops in to note that his theory of Competitive Inertia has held up for another year? 

Sunday, August 9, 2020: 

It's a pleasant 68 degrees this morning, so for a final time, breakfast on the hotel terrace.  Incredible weather for Championship Week.

Weather check & check in for flights; Sunny, Hi in the upper 80s with calm winds @IND.  20% chance of storms connection @ATL.   

Did the Blue Devils win last night?  I know SCV won percussion.  Here's a montage of the Top 12 from 2019.  Till next season if there is a season...  

COVID-19 Sux    :grrr:      #MarchOn  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx