Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

Most likely I would have been at the airport right now. It would have been a very casual Sunday for me. As some of you know, Sunday is my busy day (I am a priest) so going to a Mass I am not saying and having a big breakfast after is a treat. I’d take the shuttle from the hotel to the airport, which for some reason was always filled with Crossmen alums or parents of current members. The airport has a Shapiro’s so it would be one last hot pastrami sandwich. At the airport it was easy to strike up random conversations with marching members who were often more than happy to talk about the season. As flight time got closer, it would then be old home week. We all took random planes to get to Indy, but seemed to head home to Boston at the same time, so you’d catch up with folks. Then you would land. Though it will be great to sleep in your own bed, there’s a bit of a let down after such a busy few days.

• Like 1