Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

2 hours ago, proudpapa said:

I would be looking at the Open Class prelims schedule today planning when I was going to watch as well as anticipating the World Class prelims schedule.

Was looking forward to this season as I was hoping my second child would be touring with a World Class corps as my oldest did.  Exciting 4 years as a drum corps parent.

I have really enjoyed reading many of the posts here as it does bring some type of normalcy to the summer.  Appreciate the details, the candor, and the humor (even if sarcastic).

Stay well, stay safe, and look forward to reading all of the 2021 (name corps here) posts starting next Sunday.

As Fred said, "it is surreal".  While I saved a lot of money this summer, I had planned 4 big DCI trips for Detroit/Zionsville/Evansville, Memphis/St. Louis, Murfreesboro/ATL/Winston-Salem, & of course, Finals.  I really miss my DCI fix watching these incredible students & their productions created by the staff.  
Plus it's one of our student's age-out year with BAC.     

COVID-19 Sux!  :grrr:  #MarchOn

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

29 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Looked like you'd probably have been working in the rain?  Radar was showing a large system moving into Allentown around midnight last night.  But it looked like the Day 2 show would have missed the rain.  "Roll Tide"!   

Roll Tide!

Right about the rain. About 7:30 this morning, my nearby home in Saucon Valley was hit with a a VERY strong downpour lasting about 20 minutes. Maybe 3 inches of water found in what was an empty bucket outside. Some local flash flooding and damages. Never saw such heavy rain. . . and I’m old!

Yes, both days of the event would have been rain free. No ‘Flo’ whatsoever.   😀

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Yes, both days of the event would have been rain free. No ‘Flo’ whatsoever.   😀

Murphy’s Law—it never fails!

Just now, keystone3ply said:

Tonight, I'd finalize my packing & check the weather in ATL (connection) & Indy for tomorrow's flights.  
Was going a day earlier this year to enjoy more local cuisine & some I&E performances.  

COVID-19 Sux!    :grrr:    #MarchOn   

And I would be in Akron for a great TOC lineup! 

• Sad 2

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

And I would be in Akron for a great TOC lineup! 

Me too. And then tomorrow I'd be driving to Indiana to see Open Class Finals.

• Like 2

looking to see what show and sheet Chumley is on

• Like 1

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Me too. And then tomorrow I'd be driving to Indiana to see Open Class Finals.

Maybe this year Legends would have won their first O.C. title. Or would Spartans have repeated?