Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

12 hours ago, Tim K said:

I will miss Allentown this year. Allentown is a great experience like no other. For so many, Allentown is a reunion

The only thing I can’t recreate is what I do during the day on Saturday.

My wife and I have been going to the East since the early 1990's.

Met a lot of nice people over the years and really look forward too seeing them.

Same thing with some of the people who have been working the souvie booths for years.

As far as trying to recreate the experience.

First,you need a 1/2 hour on a Stair Master to simulate the hill.

Next you have to sit outside and have someone spray you with a garden hose . 

(That's been Friday night the past few years)

Then you need to bring in some bugs.

Last, but not least,if you need to go to the bathroom,you have to wait

at the door for 15 minutes.

When you finish,you have to have someone tell you  the corps started,so you can't go back to your

seat till they finish.

Given all that,I really hope we're back in Allentown next year.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2

Day 2 of temptation to order FloMarching to watch the Allentown Day 2.  Gotta finish packing, check flight arrangements, & peruse social media for more lot videos.   

Saturday, August 1, 2020:  DCI Eastern Classic Day #2  at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown, PA.  

Performing Groups: Blue Stars, BAC, Crown, Xmen, Genesis, Surf, Scouts, PC, PR, SCV, & Troopers.   

Weather forecast: Hi in the upper 80s with a slight chance of rain in the evening.  (Chances increase after 11pm)    

COVID-19  :wall:   #MarchOn  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Yeah tv would be dedicated to Allentown while I do stuff around the house. Got a bigger internet ready tv so no more hooking laptop to tv using end table and hdmi cable and then turn laptop so I don’t see both images (distracting and if I close the laptop the tv goes blank).... looking forward to drum corps on bigger screen... sigh.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well someone doesn’t want me to be too lonely week before Labor Day weekend (aka DCA Weekend). Lived in the county for almost 40 years and just got my first ever summons for jury duty.  😆

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well someone doesn’t want me to be too lonely week before Labor Day weekend (aka DCA Weekend). Lived in the county for almost 40 years and just got my first ever summons for jury duty.  😆

Automatic "guilty"?  There are several ways to get removed from the pool.  My last summons I thought I would be dismissed for my occupation as "teacher" but they kept me & I was nominated as foreman.  My lawyer friends told me most defense attorneys don't want teachers because they're usually judgmental with prejudice.  I told them "guilty" & they just laughed.    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Automatic "guilty"?  There are several ways to get removed from the pool.  My last summons I thought I would be dismissed for my occupation as "teacher" but they kept me & I was nominated as foreman.  My lawyer friends told me most defense attorneys don't want teachers because they're usually judgmental with prejudice.  I told them "guilty" & they laughed.   

My sis in law is a teacher... no comment 😈. 😜

At least I can never be put on a murder or assault case as had an ancestor murdered right before I was born. Can determine guilt or innocence ok but if guilty 👎.(Still PO’ed because would have liked to meet him.) So if asked if I have any bias, oh hell yeah.

Funny part is my sisters hubby got called two months back 2 counties over. We’re going to compare notes which county seat is more boring. Lebanon or Carlisle PA.... Irony is in between county seat is Harrisburg which has lot within walking distance of courthouse. And I live lot closer to Harrisburg than Carlisle 😖

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1