FloMarching - Drum Corps Radio

I can't believe someone hasn't started this topic.

I keep get emails from Flo (No I wasn't a fan) advertising their new version of Drum Corps Radio as part of their Pro Package.  Has anyone checked it out yet and what is your impression/feedback?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW   :whistle:

:thumbdown:    :thumbup:

Edited by Old Corps Guy

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I keep get emails from Flo (No I wasn't a fan) advertising their new version of Drum Corps Radio as part of their Pro Package.  Has anyone checked it out yet and what is your impression/feedback?

There was a thread and it disappeared. 

Tried it few days back to check sound on my internet ready tv (Christmas gift to myself last year). All DCI and all finals corps that I could tell.... so depending on your taste of corps and era..... (I like older stuff and all age world so not going to re-up Flo when subscription ends in a few months)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

34 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

There was a thread and it disappeared. 

Tried it few days back to check sound on my internet ready tv (Christmas gift to myself last year). All DCI and all finals corps that I could tell.... so depending on your taste of corps and era..... (I like older stuff and all age world so not going to re-up Flo when subscription ends in a few months)

I'm wondering if the DCP crew views it as competition?

Edited by Old Corps Guy

3 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I'm wondering if they DCP crew views it as competition?

Or the first thread was seen as an ad. Forget what it said exactly...

There are different themes each day. Today’s theme was all corps blue. They’ve done the essential collection one day. There was a 2018 day. They post the schedule on their website. 

how's the commerical volume?

• Haha 2

The sound quality isn't bad. And the commercials aren't (yet) intrusive or overly loud.

There are a couple problems. Although they posted a schedule, the stream doesn't seem to match up with the schedule. Also, it's pretty weird to call it radio, when it's actually streaming video.

On a completely different topic, Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro is pretty cool software.

On 5/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, Old Corps Guy said:

I started a thread last week, when I discovered this feature when I logged into Flomarching (to cancel my annual subscription renewal on June 1).  My point in sharing was for those who might want to get some enjoyment during the remaining days of their annual subscription.

Then I saw my thread was taken down with no explanation. 

I particularly enjoyed the 42 Cadets shows (1975, 1977, 1980-2019) they featured on Sunday 5/24.

But whatever, I guess my original post was deemed more inappropriate than the usual spreading of wild ### rumors about the Cadets or other nonsense 🙂

Edited by ykw
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, besson57 said:

The sound quality isn't bad. And the commercials aren't (yet) intrusive or overly loud.

There are a couple problems. Although they posted a schedule, the stream doesn't seem to match up with the schedule. Also, it's pretty weird to call it radio, when it's actually streaming video.

On a completely different topic, Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro is pretty cool software.

What. The Rocket Mortgage ad song doesn't blare in during the middle of shows?  What is the FloExperience coming to these days?

I canceled my subscription shortly after the season was scrubbed.

• Haha 2