Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

The Madison Scouts family grieves with communities affected by the latest tragedies in our country, driven by systemic racism. As educators, it is our duty to establish a standard by which all people are treated equally and afforded the same opportunities to participate in performance, instruction, and leadership. We take action through our work to […]

View the full article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DCP NewsFeed said:

The Madison Scouts family grieves with communities affected by the latest tragedies in our country, driven by systemic racism. As educators, it is our duty to establish a standard by which all people are treated equally and afforded the same opportunities to participate in performance, instruction, and leadership. We take action through our work to […]

View the full article

The Scouts have always walked the walk, and the rest of us walk with you now.

Glad more corps are making these statements. I know I've also seen updates from SCV and BD using much of the same language. Heartwarming to see.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

Glad more corps are making these statements. I know I've also seen updates from SCV and BD using much of the same language. Heartwarming to see.

Same with Phantom Regiment and the Blue Stars.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

DCP also has one on the facebook page

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Madrid said:

Hey, just wondering how long y'all are planning on banning people for posting this same sentiment in your group or on your page? 
It should also be noted that some current members of color are noticing that they're getting flat out banned without warning for posting BLM while their white counterparts who are posting the same BLM messaging are getting a simple restriction on posting/commenting. 

This seems strange. How would anyone know the race or ethnicity of a given poster, unless there was a photo instead of an avatar?

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

This seems strange. How would anyone know the race or ethnicity of a given poster, unless there was a photo instead of an avatar?

I agree that in general, there is no way for DCP to know the race or ethnicity of a poster unless there is a picture or if someone discloses it. My thought is that some threads are reporting specific corps have made statements. This would be an official stance of the corps. If an individual begins a thread that discusses Black Lives Matter that is not an official position of a corps, that could be a different case. That being said, I did find it odd that last week there were many official Facebook posts from WC and OC corps decrying the death of George Floyd and issuing statements supporting racial equality but there was little mention on DCP about these posts. Could this be what Madrid is referring to?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Facebook, where everyone has a photo. 

• Like 3

On 6/4/2020 at 4:35 PM, Madrid said:

Hey, just wondering how long y'all are planning on banning people for posting this same sentiment in your group or on your page? 
It should also be noted that some current members of color are noticing that they're getting flat out banned without warning for posting BLM while their white counterparts who are posting the same BLM messaging are getting a simple restriction on posting/commenting. 

there's reasons put into a post from the owner as to how and why the DCP facebook page has been handling things. feel free to ask the owner.