Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

On 6/4/2020 at 8:15 PM, Cappybara said:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Facebook, where everyone has a photo. 

no, because on facebook you can have no photos.

quick and easy a decision was made to restrict black lives matter to one thread so it did not hijack the page, which several people did try to do intentionally. the hijacking got complaints, not allowing it to be hijacked got complaints ( along with some nasty personal threats to admin). it was a no win situation whatever course was taken, but the attempted hijacking seems to have stopped now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People were threatened? I must have missed it. 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:33 PM, E3D said:

People were threatened? I must have missed it. 

in private messages yes, we were. thank you for your concern

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2020 at 9:15 PM, Jeff Ream said:

quick and easy a decision was made to restrict black lives matter to one thread so it did not hijack the page, which several people did try to do intentionally. the hijacking got complaints, not allowing it to be hijacked got complaints ( along with some nasty personal threats to admin). it was a no win situation whatever course was taken, but the attempted hijacking seems to have stopped now.

Personal threats related to Drum Corps........!!??  If we've reached that level then I have little hope for our species.  

21 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Personal threats related to Drum Corps........!!??  If we've reached that level then I have little hope for our species.  

Yup.  Just ask Muchachos back in  the ‘70s if we have reached that level. Our species is weird. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yup.  Just ask Muchachos back in  the ‘70s if we have reached that level. Our species is weird. 

I was around then, knew the Muchachos and Mike Mercadante, but not familiar with what you're referring to.  

(maybe I don't want to know)

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

personal threats because we wouldn't allow anarchy

• Sad 1

On 6/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, jeffmolnar said:

Imagine defending the suppression of Black Lives Matter in 2020.

The DCP FB group is not suppressing BLM, if you read the post on the group. They created a thread specifically for BLM posts, so that the entire group is not overrun. I am not an admin in the FB group, but it makes sense to me. 

Aside comment on photos...FB does not require photographs, so the background of any particular FB member is not automatically a "given" as was intimated in a prior post here. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

The DCP FB group is not suppressing BLM, if you read the post on the group. They created a thread specifically for BLM posts, so that the entire group is not overrun. I am not an admin in the FB group, but it makes sense to me. 

Aside comment on photos...FB does not require photographs, so the background of any particular FB member is not automatically a "given" as was intimated in a prior post here. 

That’s suppression. Trying to keep uncomfortable discussion in a neat little side topic that is easy to ignore. The entire point of the BLM movement is to force white people to confront the reality of modern white supremacy. To make it impossible to ignore.

Any action to restrict or police that message is wrong. Particularly at this moment in time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

That’s suppression. Trying to keep uncomfortable discussion in a neat little side topic that is easy to ignore. The entire point of the BLM movement is to force white people to confront the reality of modern white supremacy. To make it impossible to ignore.

Any action to restrict or police that message is wrong. Particularly at this moment in time.

Thanks for giving me a little more faith in the DCP community.