Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

5 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I tend to agree. It was the slogan invented by the boots-on-the-ground movement, not by strategists polling a focus group. It was born from the people responding to police brutality and who were caught up in a moment.

To add to this, among various police reform ideas, defunding polls very poorly:

EaVfwDDWkAIC4LN?format=jpg&name=medium

As always, no one should put too much stock into just one poll. And it's possible that attitudes about defunding the police will change. But I think it's probably not a winning argument at this time.

3 hours ago, dans said:

America has become freaking mentally exhaustive!

It seems that way. But a fair number of African Americans seems to be saying that what I think of as exhausting is how they always feel.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

To add to this, among various police reform ideas, defunding polls very poorly:

EaVfwDDWkAIC4LN?format=jpg&name=medium

As always, no one should put too much stock into just one poll. And it's possible that attitudes about defunding the police will change. But I think it's probably not a winning argument at this time.

Well, that is odd.  "Budgeting less money for your local police department and more for social services" and "defunding the police" are listed separately

So we have one person here contending that they are synonymous, vs. 1,000 poll subjects, a polling entity, and its associated media organization who think otherwise.

Edited by cixelsyd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, that is odd.  "Budgeting less money for your local police department and more for social services" and "defunding the police" are listed separately

The list of usual suspect has grown to include Arianna Huffington.  

P.S. Speaking of which, how funny was Nasim Pedrad?

Edited by skevinp

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

So we have one person here contending that they are synonymous, vs. 1,000 poll subjects, a polling entity, and its associated media organization who think otherwise.

So people have different ideas on a major issue. Not like that has never happened before.....

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So people have different ideas on a major issue. Not like that has never happened before.....

I think that was his point.  You can have a different idea about something without it meaning you are stupid or a racist or think police brutality is OK.

Edited by skevinp
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think that was his point.  You can have a different idea about something without it meaning you are a racist who thinks police brutality is OK.

Ok I was seeing as another confusing (mid)use of words post.....

9 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think that was his point.  You can have a different idea about something without it meaning you are stupid or a racist or think police brutality is OK.

You are one of the few voices of reason and common sense in this thread. Thank you sir!

• Thanks 1