Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

18 minutes ago, E3D said:

send me another PM I dare you. 

???

Edit: it appears you are accusing me of sending you a threat. Having looked through my PM history, I have sent you one message over PM and it was regarding the ineffectiveness of hydroxychloroquine with a link to a research publication. I’d be happy to screenshot the message to the mods and have them assess how “threatening” it is. 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

???

You know. 

hey serious question radicals. Should the blue coats change their name? I would think so according to some here. 

31 minutes ago, E3D said:

hey serious question radicals. Should the blue coats change their name? I would think so according to some here. 

If Michael Boo was still active here he'd have something to say to you right now.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, E3D said:

I know of no such group that matters in this board called the "Blue Coats," so...

EDIT: Dangit, NEB beat me to it.

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

It seems that way. But a fair number of African Americans seems to be saying that what I think of as exhausting is how they always feel.

For example, this happened June 1: "A black pastor who called 911 after alleged attack. The sheriff apologized." And now there are warrants for the five white people who were attacking him. That was Tennessee. Then there was a similar incident around the same time that I saw, somewhere out west I think, that was actually recorded live by a news crew: black jewelry store owners were holding off some looters and called the cops, who upon arrival tried to arrest the owners.

It sure sounds exhausting to me. One goal of Black Lives Matter is to make it less so by getting police to stop assuming that black people are criminals.

Personal attacks removed.  I REALLY hate to say this - but take it to PM between yourselves.  Next person to start up again wins a permanent vacation.

John, and other Moderators -

Thank you for trying to keep Drum Corps Planet a viable resource for discussion. Discussion about drum corps, hopefully. We’ll need a place for that when this nation recovers from this destructive period of time.

I’ve got plenty of time these days for research. With the internet, and all its digital capabilities, manipulation of information and discussion has never been easier to participate in. Drum Corps Planet is being used as a tool for some personal, political objectives. Some posters are better at hiding it than others, obviously.

Fellow DCP Members, we can lose this valuable site going forward. More and more active participants are moving away from this source. This should be apparent to longtime enthusiasts.

Our nation is being mired in great confusion. My hope is, each of you understands, and respects, the complexity of the societal and political issues before us. Naturally, we all want a voice. But, understand, no matter what we espouse here, can easily be disputed, and just as convincingly, by someone else.

There are many other sites for purely ideological keyboard battles that have no, or little connection to the Marching Arts. Try out some of those. We are running the risk of reducing DCP’s audience to a small handful of ‘Gotta Have the Last Word’ warriors. That’s tedious and boring for most, over time. 

No useful purpose in ‘looting, burning down’ the DCP neighborhood.

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Thanks 4