Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

It sounds like what both of you really want is to change the heart/mind of the owner.  

But anonymously refusing to buy chicken from the business he owns does not seem to be getting that message across.  Have you tried writing him?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

It sounds like what both of you really want is to change the heart/mind of the owner.  

But anonymously refusing to buy chicken from the business he owns does not seem to be getting that message across.  Have you tried writing him?

I’m not trying to change anyone’s heart or mind as I know that is impossible. The ONLY thing I am doing is making sure my money doesn’t go to someone whose views make me want to vomit. If you think anything else with my posts on this you are reading way too deeply

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I assure you Mr. Dan Cathy has received the message regarding what people think of his views loud and clear via various sources. So much so that he has issued statements regarding it numerous times. An ignored email will do nothing. I have written to owners of large corporations in the past (not Chick Fil A) with no reply. 

I understand views such as these are difficult to change, not everyone can have an epiphany moment like Drew Brees did just a few weeks ago. So the alternative option that I am hoping for is an eventual resignation. 

Until then, I will do what I feel is right, which is to make sure my family does not contribute a single dollar to that man's wealth. 

I am curious as to why people are so concerned about a simple boycott. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I am curious as to why people are so concerned about a simple boycott. 

For one thing, it has potential relevance to the drum corps activity.  Boycotts over everything from rule changes to sex offenders have been attempted.  At the corps level, several championships were boycotted to varying degrees, including the 1968 VFW Nationals (by several top Eastern corps), the 1968 AL Nationals (by nearly all corps), and the 1972 World Open, VFW and AL Nationals (by most/all DCI member corps).

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

It’s a sad world we live in when someone makes an incredible sacrifice to help save lives during a difficult time and the only thing some people care about is that he doesn’t hate the same person they do.  

Thanks for reminding me, though.  I’ve been meaning to try out the product and I might have forgotten if it weren’t for your post.  

Who?

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Until then, I will do what I feel is right, which is to make sure my family does not contribute a single dollar to that man's wealth. 

You tell your family what they can and can’t do?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Ever heard of C.P. Ellis and Ann Atwater?

I googled and see your point.... at this point in my life I’m happy to discuss my POV in a calm way one on one and hopefully get people to take a deeper look at their own options and/or feelings. Have seen a totally anti-gay person learn that “they” did not turn her brother gay. So there is hope... (That was not my work lol)

Edited by JimF-LowBari