Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

1 hour ago, Continental said:

You come across as someone who wants to contradict every single post that does not align with your narrative. 

It's like clockwork. 

I would go into it further, but it would be detrimental to what DCP stands for. 

Well yesterday I was told my bias was showing. Think I asked twice and never found out what my bias is supposed to be.... Posted a lot of stuff but somehow supposed to know what EXACTLY is the problem.

And I’m supposed to be a big boycott fan as I don’t eat at ChikFilA because I have gay friends and disagree with CFA owners gay stance. ( I support my friends and don’t care if others go or not)

Just tired of people either believing that they can mind read by a few posts or disagreement is an attack or just think everyone has to see things the way they see it....

Too much trying to pigeon hole people in a niche and not listening....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Continental said:

You come across as someone who wants to contradict every single post that does not align with your narrative. 

It's like clockwork. 

I would go into it further, but it would be detrimental to what DCP stands for. 

To me, he comes across as someone who simply wants to contribute to a discussion by offering his own perspective, generally in a positive way.  

I’m glad people remain free to do that here, no matter how much others might prefer to live in a world where only those they agree with are allowed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/13/2020 at 2:21 PM, E3D said:

Yeah it is interesting. Also this "situation" in Seattle seems to be a dream world and just asking for trouble.

Back to the topic! The self aggrandizing by corps making BLM statements has reached new heights of hypocrisy. What are the statistics of member participation based on race? How many are even from the same mailing address as their organization, and how many of those members are minorities? When it comes to fund raising the majority of organizations are takers from their own community asking for sponsors, running bingos or hocking their wears while giving very little if anything back to the community. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Back to the topic! The self aggrandizing by corps making BLM statements has reached new heights of hypocrisy. What are the statistics of member participation based on race? How many are even from the same mailing address as their organization, and how many of those members are minorities? When it comes to fund raising the majority of organizations are takers from their own community asking for sponsors, running bingos or hocking their wears while giving very little if anything back to the community. 

You know a statement has broad appeal when it gets likes from both me and Cappybara.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve read some of the corps statements and what they say they will do is what they should have been doing anyway. Anyone want to jump in where corps will actually change how they do business? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just tired of people either believing that they can mind read by a few posts or disagreement is an attack or just think everyone has to see things the way they see it....

Too much trying to pigeon hole people in a niche and not listening....

I completely agree.  I think we get nowhere if we continue to make assumptions about people we don’t even know and force people into categories instead of addressing the content of the statements and the issues themselves.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

I completely agree.  I think we get nowhere if we continue to make assumptions about people we don’t even know and force people into categories instead of addressing the content of the statements and the issues themselves.

Sad part is when someone gets too shrill with “knowing” how other people think it reminds me of an extended family member. Poor woman was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and when she needed her med tweaked it was “I KNOW what they are thinking, I can TELL”. And arguing with her made it worse as that convinced her you were hiding something. 

Any RAMD people wondering, yeah just like you know who...

11 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Realistic budgets, fewer pageantry leeches, and more community based participation. 

Are they going to do that or is that what they could do?