Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’ve read some of the corps statements and what they say they will do is what they should have been doing anyway. Anyone want to jump in where corps will actually change how they do business? 

So what have they been doing up to now?

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And I’m supposed to be a big boycott fan as I don’t eat at ChikFilA because I have gay friends and disagree with CFA owners gay stance. ( I support my friends and don’t care if others go or not)

I did not see anyone calling you a big boycott fan, or anything of the sort.  And it would be incorrect to do so.  A big boycott fan would be someone who does try to involve family/friends in the boycott, promotes specific boycotts, and/or promotes the general concept of boycotting as "free market".

I asked you questions to try and gain more understanding about the practice.  It has immediate relevance to drum corps, as the threat remains of DCI being boycotted by various factions over the actions of one man (starts with Hop, ends with Kins). 

For that matter, every time the woodwind topic comes up, we have fans who say they will not continue going to shows if that change is made.  Inevitably, someone pushes back about how cruel and misdirected it would be to punish the kids because you disagree with what the adults did... as if it is a boycott.  And then I have to explain that in my case, it would not be a boycott at all.  No protest, no spite, no attempt to involve others... simply a lack of interest on my part.  Funny how people so often assume my departure would be out of spite.  Something you said about people thinking they can "read your mind after a few posts" really nailed it there.

22 minutes ago, Continental said:

Lives in the Great Lakes.

Attacks game fish and is known to twirl a flag when not hunting. 

I don’t know why, but every time I hear of pageantry leeches, I think of Michael Cesario (probably unfairly).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I asked you questions to try and gain more understanding about the practice.  It has immediate relevance to drum corps, as the threat remains of DCI being boycotted by various factions over the actions of one man (starts with Hop, ends with Kins). 

Well there is the confusion. Why ask someone who doesn’t participate or try to lead others in boycotts to gain understanding about them?  

Edited by JimF-LowBari

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well there is the confusion. Why ask someone who doesn’t participate in boycotts to gain understanding about them? 

Definition of boycott (courtesy of Cambridge English Dictionary) is "to refuse to buy a product or take part in an activity as a way of expressing strong disapproval".  I thought you said you were refusing to buy Chick-Fil-A products because of your strong disapproval of views expressed by the company owner.  That is what you meant by this, right?

On 6/14/2020 at 9:55 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

For me I refuse to spend a penny at ChicFilA because of owners gay opinions. He’s allowed to say what he wants and I’m allowed to make sure he doesn’t get any of my money. 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I still am not clear on what a pageantry leech is.

Definition of Pageantry Leeches: Has affiliation with one or more verticals within the marching performing arts activity.
A non-vested employee who has not achieved or completed the required years of creditable study and participation in order to earn the right to be called an educator. a.k.a. Clueless
Demonstrates a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for marching members, an excessive need for admiration, and honestly greedy. a.k.a. Narcissist
Known to speak jargon, that is perceived as fashionable at the particular time or in a particular context that is incoherent and incomprehensible to those pretending to understand during rehearsal. a.k.a. Babbling idiot
Holding idiosyncratic beliefs of entitlement to receive payment for times spent on-a-mobile phone, traveling or commuting while on tour, sleeping and daydreaming.  a.k.a. Delusional

Edited by Poppycock

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Definition of boycott (courtesy of Cambridge English Dictionary) is "to refuse to buy a product or take part in an activity as a way of expressing strong disapproval".  I thought you said you were refusing to buy Chick-Fil-A products because of your strong disapproval of views expressed by the company owner.  That is what you meant by this, right?

I also said multiple times I refuse to eat there because of the owners anti-gay views. Reason being I have gay friends and I stick up for my friends.

What else needs to be said?