Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

So what are the procedures to shutdown a fb group. When things get so bad families are threatened is it really worth it?

cliches are: this is why we can’t have nice things and it takes one ###### to #### it up for everyone (ok second line is my personal one)

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

Again, this isn't an issue where you get to just agree to disagree. This is a serious, somber matter that should have been handled with understanding and respect. Jeff Ream's dog whistles are deafening at this point, it's pretty obvious what he really thinks about the whole thing. Vile.

Because they did not want to use the bookface platform as a racial discussion? 

31 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Wow.  Are you one of the people who made the violent threats?

is a bit worked up. 

35 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Having trouble following you.  It started when you said this:

Then, in your next post on this thread, you said this...

... which suppressed me.  I care about the "little rules" by which a discussion forum can actually have discussion.

And then you said... 

... and this... 

... so I guess you are not here for a discussion.

That's the thing right? (thing = discussion) 

36 minutes ago, Cainan said:

Like Jeff... I too received literally dozens of hate mails and even threats to mine and my family's physical safety. I even had someone post me a picture of my kids (yes, they got reported to the relevant authorities). All because "we didn't cave".

You know what? The internet is huge. There are LITERALLY MILLIONS of places for you to discuss current events ELSEWHERE online. We however recognised pretty quickly the lay of the land and as a consensus decided to bend our rules and ALLOW discussion on THIS drum corps forum as well as the facebook page. What happened was certain SJW's got all bent out of shape because someone actually had the cajones to enforce rules and set boundaries on them. Like it or lump it, ones First Amendment rights do NOT extend to private, moderated online forums. I can absolutely assure you that nothing was taken lightly and nothing IS taken lightly with how we choose to moderate not only this forum but the facebook page as well.

I've said my piece. Like John said, if you'd like to discuss it further with me, feel free to message me.

I find it a sad state that people will go to the lengths to threaten someone and their family. It is cowardice and reprehensible in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, E3D said:

I find it a sad state that people will go to the lengths to threaten someone and their family. It is cowardice and reprehensible in my opinion. 

While driving down to get dinner (local place just reopened for pickup) thought hit me. From reports there were people trying to discredit the pro-BLM protesters so they pretended to be pro-BLM and then caused trouble. SM threats could be from those trying to discredit the other side.

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

While driving down to get dinner (local place just reopened for pickup) thought hit me. From reports there were people trying to discredit the pro-BLM protesters so they pretended to be pro-BLM and then caused trouble. SM threats could be from those trying to discredit the other side.

Whoever they are, I hope they are identified and face consequences.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

Whoever they are, I hope they are identified and face consequences.  

Gave a like as we don’t have a oh ####
yeah choice.... 

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Anyone else noticed that the people  rioting, looting, and destroying businesses and cities are not wearing MAGA hats? I found that interesting 🤔 

Undercover maybe....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1