Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

7 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Oh I’m sure they were told not to by orange man. But it was just an observation on my part. 

Don’t think the hat would have lasted too long either lol. But then again went on a bus trip to Detroit with an old car group. One guy kept wearing his MAGA hat until we went to lunch with music entertainment. Should have seen his face when he realized the white people were in the minority. Probably only time most of them were in that situation. (Group is from a suburban/semi-rural white bread area). Thank goodness there was a 5 year old totally tuned into to his ice cream. That way I could blame my laughter on him and not some of my group members

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So what are the procedures to shutdown a fb group. When things get so bad families are threatened is it really worth it?

cliches are: this is why we can’t have nice things and it takes one ###### to #### it up for everyone (ok second line is my personal one)

You can turn off comments, ban members or just deactivate the page

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Oh I’m sure they were told not to by orange man. But it was just an observation on my part. 

Let’s keep the politics out

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Don’t think the hat would have lasted too long either lol. But then again went on a bus trip to Detroit with an old car group. One guy kept wearing his MAGA hat until we went to lunch with music entertainment. Should have seen his face when he realized the white people were in the minority. Probably only time most of them were in that situation. (Group is from a suburban/semi-rural white bread area). Thank goodness there was a 5 year old totally tuned into to his ice cream. That way I could blame my laughter on him and not some of my group members

What’s your point?

13 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What’s your point?

Nothing deep or too political. Just an observation that some people express their opinions without being aware of what reaction it might bring. Poppycock posted about hats of a certain opinion during a protest and reminded me of the guy wearing one of them in a group where some might take exception. And the way this guy is he probably would have been really offended if someone had said something “less than complimentary” about his head gear. Can picture “I’m giving my opinion...” (yeah Ken and you just heard theirs)

Really like some of the people in the car club but they need to get out with other types of people more. One night we stopped at an Italian place in the heart of an Islamic neighborhood. Just kept hearing “really surprised they can stay open here”. Finally just had to inform them most of the customers in the place and picking up pizzas were from the neighborhood based on appearance. “Great melting pot folks”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

While driving down to get dinner (local place just reopened for pickup) thought hit me. From reports there were people trying to discredit the pro-BLM protesters so they pretended to be pro-BLM and then caused trouble. SM threats could be from those trying to discredit the other side.

YUP. Who do you think are all these reckless rioters? BLM protestors? Nope. Just troublemakers who give no care for the cause. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

YUP. Who do you think are all these reckless rioters? BLM protestors? Nope. Just troublemakers who give no care for the cause. 

Heard reports that people of both sides were arrested....

note: edited out hissy fit response as misunderstood 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Did I blame everything on one side or the other NO. So don’t make it sound like I said that. Heard reports that people of both sides were arrested....

I was agreeing with ya Jimbo

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Did I blame everything on one side or the other NO. So don’t make it sound like I said that. Heard reports that people of both sides were arrested....

A huge number of people arrested turned out to be from locations other than the ones they were destroying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1