SCV Executive Director

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Reports are DCI will likely not survive in the same form if at all. The regional circuits are gone and the private sponsor shows are few if any.

A committee has been formed to map various contingencies. However a tour of any length is questionable in the foreseeable future and logistics are not favorable. A more regional recruiting, rehearsal and performance schedule may need to be adapted.

Certainty tempers are high when you cannot plan for a season. The very organization that schedules and promotes the tour has no money, little to no resources, and no guarantees of venues or rehearsal and housing sites. 

Unfortunately, my gut feeling tells me you may be correct.  Unless school districts decide to allow for outside groups (Corps) to use their facilities during the off-season (camps) and during the summer (tour); and social distancing is relaxed so show sponsors have at least a chance to break even with ticket sales, 2021 will look nothing like 2019.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Nope...I was not on so called phone calls and not in SCV offices. Not sure what you mean about Wild Behavior on phone calls....

It was probably a perfect call, though if Algernon has a transcript, maybe we can read it and decide for ourselves. 

• Haha 3

okay, so scv's executive director is unhinged, something about local circuits and sponsors that connects to it in some way, and something about cadet corps. 

i'll add that i heard every corps is going to be required to do a 5-minute segment of West Side Story in parade block with ticks as part of a compulsory round DCI is adding starting in 2027. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

okay, so scv's executive director is unhinged, something about local circuits and sponsors that connects to it in some way, and something about cadet corps. 

i'll add that i heard every corps is going to be required to do a 5-minute segment of West Side Story in parade block with ticks as part of a compulsory round DCI is adding starting in 2027. 

Someone say a parade before all shows in 2027? Now that’s BITD...

there was rumblings in a facebook group that VPA was going to fold the corps and do other things, but several alumni came forward to debunk that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

there was rumblings in a facebook group that VPA was going to fold the corps and do other things, but several alumni came forward to debunk that

I read that in the DC FB group.  Guy was stating that he was going to fold the SCV World Class Corps & bring back the Cadet Corps with a focus on theatre & dance at the new academy campus?  I'm sure the new executive director has words; beautiful words. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unfortunately, my gut feeling tells me you may be correct.  Unless school districts decide to allow for outside groups (Corps) to use their facilities during the off-season (camps) and during the summer (tour); and social distancing is relaxed so show sponsors have at least a chance to break even with ticket sales, 2021 will look nothing like 2019.

Wr will have a vaccine this winter / the world as we know it hasn’t ended 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Wr will have a vaccine this winter / the world as we know it hasn’t ended 

Went out of my way this morning to go to a different corner store than normal.

Struck up a conversation with the clerk - the conversation got very interesting and we connected on many observations over events from the past 2 months.   

Just as I'm leaving he pipes in that I should not get any vaccine if one is developed because "we never know if a microchip will be put into the vaccine."  It's at moments like this that I would express my opinion, but I chose to leave and just shake my head as I walked down the street. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1