SCV Executive Director

1 hour ago, E3D said:

I said this previously in another thread and was mocked or ridiculed for it. More or less the shutdown will kill DCI. The only way for this to get back on track is for schools to go back in the fall. If there is another pull back or shutdown then it is doomed. 

The secondary question is if schools and other facility (housing, stadiums, etc) will consent to be used by outside groups. Especially when outside means outside of the community 

13 hours ago, E3D said:

I said this previously in another thread and was mocked or ridiculed for it. More or less the shutdown will kill DCI. The only way for this to get back on track is for schools to go back in the fall. If there is another pull back or shutdown then it is doomed. 

Schools are going back in the fall 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The question is,even without a "second wave", will schools be willing to allow outside groups to use any of their facilities during  the summer.

Housing has been an becoming more of an issue every season,with corps having to stay further and further from a show site.

Covid won't make the situation any better.

I think the Covid pandemic,"second wave" or  not, is going to be another reason schools will  use to

not allow corps to stay,unless they pick up all costs,including the cost to clean/sanitize when they leave.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

With a lot of new rules and restrictions. And lot of fear/concern from school boards, parents and tax payers that this could erupt again. My feeling is teaching in school will be back but anything else is a big question mark or what it will look like.

interesting note in an email I just got regarding a car show that was rescheduled in Allentown. Hosting facility demands everyone attending to sign a liability waiver in case they get sick at the event. So let’s throw insurance costs and what the insurance company wants into the mix. Keep thinking my old church didn’t worry about child predators until the insurance company kicked them in the butt. Something about lower rates with background checks and training got them moving

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

The question is,even without a "second wave", will schools be willing to allow outside groups to use any of their facilities during  the summer.

And if some do allow their use, will the additional costs for cleaning sections of the school be hard to handle by some corps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And if some do allow their use, will the additional costs for cleaning sections of the school be hard to handle by some corps?

Who will handle any added liability costs for school use by non school activities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

If there's a vaccine on the most optimistic timetable, then next summer it should be safe for people to be in close quarters. It's this fall and winter that present the challenges. And the uncertainly of not knowing for sure that activities will be safe next summer will make it difficult for corps to schedule shows.

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

in some form yes. that form hasn't been decided especially since it's not a total one size fits all approach

• Like 2

It might have already been mentioned in various  threads, but so many activities may have to wait for a viable vaccine to be in place before anything happens.  A very good CYA vaccine.

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It might have already been mentioned in various  threads, but so many activities may have to wait for a viable vaccine to be in place before anything happens.  A very good CYA vaccine.

Yup once they get a vaccine it full steam ahead