SCV Executive Director

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yup once they get a vaccine it full steam ahead 

IMO depends on how comfortable people are that the vaccine will finish off CV problems or something else might occur down the road. Off top of my head, new strain cropping up, unexpected long term result of the vaccine and people refusing to get vaccinated.... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

IMO depends on how comfortable people are that the vaccine will finish off CV problems or something else might occur down the road. Off top of my head, new strain cropping up, unexpected long term result of the vaccine and people refusing to get vaccinated.... 

Lots of people (foolishly) refuse to get vaccinated for measles. And measles is far more infectious than Covid-19. But you rarely hear about an event cancelled on that account. People are already out and about a lot, even without a vaccine. (Although mostly still taking precautions, insufficient as those might be in gatherings as large as we've seen for the past ten days.) So as soon as there's an all clear, i.e., the wide distribution of a vaccine, I expect activity to return to normal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Lots of people (foolishly) refuse to get vaccinated for measles. And measles is far more infectious than Covid-19. But you rarely hear about an event cancelled on that account. People are already out and about a lot, even without a vaccine. (Although mostly still taking precautions, insufficient as those might be in gatherings as large as we've seen for the past ten days.) So as soon as there's an all clear, i.e., the wide distribution of a vaccine, I expect activity to return to normal.

I’ve seen the celebrities sound off as proud anti-vaxers and don’t get it. I’m thinking of people still scared or will wait a while (few shows, a full season?) to see how things pan out. 

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Who will handle any added liability costs for school use by non school activities.

Hopefully not the tax payers.  As far a corps responsibilities, corps better be up front if volunteers are going to be used for disinfecting portions of schools. Anyone who can get a good deal on power washers and disinfecting solutions by the gallons?

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hopefully not the tax payers.  As far a corps responsibilities, corps better be up front if volunteers are going to be used for disinfecting portions of schools. Anyone who can get a good deal on power washers and disinfecting solutions by the gallons?

If it came out in my area that taxpayers footed even $1 there would be a new school board. Get enough “they’re wasting money” every election. Just totally vague where the waste is. “Well find it after we’re elected. Look at how much $$ the schools get. Has to be waste somewhere “

Hmmm how does one be trained so they can disinfect everything in the correct way? And how does one know it’s done right?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yup

early trial results are good so it bodes well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’ve seen the celebrities sound off as proud anti-vaxers and don’t get it. I’m thinking of people still scared or will wait a while (few shows, a full season?) to see how things pan out. 

Well they are among the dumbest people on earth 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well they are among the dumbest people on earth 🤣

Only to be topped by those taking medical advice given by non doctors. Aka future Darwin Award winners. 

Darwin awards on my mind as was at a social distant lunch today and I used the term. Got three blank looks in return.... 🤯

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“Well find it after we’re elected". 

That type of reply is right up there with "you have to pass the bill to see what's in it".  Are there seminars around the country teaching elected officials how to put a spin on their answers?

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That type of reply is right up there with "you have to pass the bill to see what's in it".  Are there seminars around the country teaching elected officials how to put a spin on their answers?

Oh and these clods had never been in office before that I could tell. Just thought their taxes were too high and tried to change that from the inside. Also have a high percentage of “I don’t have kids why do I pay school taxes” maroons ($1 to Bugs Bunny)

2 or 3 elections in a row they came to my door and I had a ball. “If you don’t know where the waste is, how the hell are you going to fix it? Hey give me your literature so I can remember your names”. I’d get a blank look, then they’d realize I wanted their names so I could vote against them. 😥

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1