Jump to content

SCV Executive Director


Recommended Posts

On 6/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, Cappybara said:

Thank you Nostradamus. 
 

While we do have some people talking about the availability of the vaccine in 2021, a few of which are in phase 3 trials, they still have no idea whether they actually do anything yet. 

Almost all are in Phase 3 trials. I work in that industry, I would know. Moderna is testing on 30,000 participants beginning this week. So is Astrazenica. China and Israel are both likely to release a vaccine by November at the latest.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

I’ve seen the celebrities sound off as proud anti-vaxers and don’t get it. I’m thinking of people still scared or will wait a while (few shows, a full season?) to see how things pan out. 

You don’t need 100% participation for a vaccine to be effective. Generally 30% is considered effective enough to all but stop  community spread.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, there will be many drugs on the market that will effectively treat the symptoms of the virus, which will make it survivable by anyone who isn’t already in very poor health and would likely die if they got the common flu.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My instincts tell me by the fall everything will pretty much be back to normal. Except people will still be dying from the virus. We are beginning to view the pandemic the same as we do gun violence. The price for your 2nd amendment right to own a gun is people will die from guns. The price for your 1st amendment right to peaceably assemble is that people will die from the virus. We have already set the precedent and are willing to accept death in order to not lose our rights. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

You don’t need 100% participation for a vaccine to be effective. Generally 30% is considered effective enough to all but stop  community spread.

Sorry if I confused things... I mean the people (celebrities and others) who refuse to vaccinate their kids against measles, etc.Won’t say the name but one claims her child was made autistic due to a vaccination so no one should vaccinate. Wasn’t just referring to coronavirus. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

The secondary question is if schools and other facility (housing, stadiums, etc) will consent to be used by outside groups. Especially when outside means outside of the community 

For drum corps, school availability could either be abundant or in very short supply. Municipalities could need the funds and this would be even more the case if the schools were allowed to keep the rental proceeds (I know in my area some towns allow the schools to keep rental fees, others require fees go to city/town coffers). Some districts may not want to rent facilities at all. Take all the issues we faced regarding housing in the past and add pandemic issues and it could be a no go.

I know that “best practices” policies are being developed for schools and church space rentals and practices being recommended include groups being responsible for cleaning and sanitizing and the maintenance staff doing the same after the group leaves,  basically a double cleaning. Each rental needs Board of Health approval which makes the possibility of last minute loss of the use of the facility a reality. A carry in/carry out trash policy may also be recommended. Keep in mind these policies  are based on a vaccine or treatment for Covid 19 and no surprises if there is a second outbreak. Also, these are for day rentals, not overnight rentals which could be more restrictive.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Let's place some pre orders with Israel now.  Forget China.

Iran has already announced they would agree to buy and use a vaccine created by Israel. Strange times.

Too many people who know nothing about clinical trials are telling people utter bunk scraped from social media and the scare doctors of cable news. There are over 100 drugs in clinical trials right now in America alone. At least four vaccines, each with a different approach, will almost certainly be approved by the FDA By the end of 2020.

China has said they are already using at least one vaccine in the wild. They had a head start due to the fact that the virus started in their country, probably last November.

Just with the phase three participant requirements alone, over 100,000 Americans will be effectively vaccinated and immune by Thanksgiving. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Iran has already announced they would agree to buy and use a vaccine created by Israel. Strange times.

Too many people who know nothing about clinical trials are telling people utter bunk scraped from social media and the scare doctors of cable news. There are over 100 drugs in clinical trials right now in America alone. At least four vaccines, each with a different approach, will almost certainly be approved by the FDA By the end of 2020.

China has said they are already using at least one vaccine in the wild. They had a head start due to the fact that the virus started in their country, probably last November.

Just with the phase three participant requirements alone, over 100,000 Americans will be effectively vaccinated and immune by Thanksgiving. 

Nooooo!!!!  This totally blows up the insistent fear-monger's narrative that a vaccine won't be available for TWO YEARS!!!  AAAAAACCCCKKKKK!

Relax people and, when you want answers, don't make up your own.  Ask people actually IN the business and actually DOING the work, like Mr. Rapp here.

Fear-mongers, Chicken-Littles, and nosey Do-Gooders will do very little to actually help, especially with lots of "lock down" time to become internet experts.

Thanks for the clarity, MikeRapp.

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, garfield said:

Nooooo!!!!  This totally blows up the insistent fear-monger's narrative that a vaccine won't be available for TWO YEARS!!!  AAAAAACCCCKKKKK!

Relax people and, when you want answers, don't make up your own.  Ask people actually IN the business and actually DOING the work, like Mr. Rapp here.

Fear-mongers, Chicken-Littles, and nosey Do-Gooders will do very little to actually help, especially with lots of "lock down" time to become internet experts.

Thanks for the clarity, MikeRapp.

 

The I believe five main American vaccine paths that have both a lab and a manufacturer have agreements with the FDA to produce their drug “at risk,” meaning they will manufacture at full capacity before it is approved, as if it works so that — if it does work — they will immediately have millions of doses ready for use.

What I have seen of the results of the Phase 2 trials seem to indicate that all of them are likely to produce antibodies. One a drug goes to Phase 3, the FDA is looking to determine minimal dosing based on age, gender and other health factors. 30,000 is a big population test. 

Moderna would be the first RNA based vaccine ever used in human history, so everyone is both cautious and excited that it appears to work—it’s cheaper and faster than DNA vaccines. RNA vaccines do not require creating a fake virus with eggs, so instead of six months to over a year in production you could have a population distribution in as little as three months. A successful RNA vaccine would truly change the course of medicine.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-12/coronavirus-vaccine-protocols-explained

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JohnZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...