SCV Executive Director

19 hours ago, DAvery said:

My instincts tell me by the fall everything will pretty much be back to normal. Except people will still be dying from the virus. We are beginning to view the pandemic the same as we do gun violence. The price for your 2nd amendment right to own a gun is people will die from guns. The price for your 1st amendment right to peaceably assemble is that people will die from the virus. We have already set the precedent and are willing to accept death in order to not lose our rights. 

People die from all sorts of things, including one of the many strains of influenza that spread all over the world every spring. We could manufacture vaccines for all of the flu viruses every year, and all mutations, but the cost would be in the trillions and therefore doing so would be financially infeasible.

We accept that people will get sick and some will die. That is life. Always has been and always will be. The fact is the vast majority, over 98%, of people who contract Covid 19 recover fine and most don’t even know they contracted it.

The unique aspect of this virus is it is three times more contagious than the flu and it takes three times longer to recover: 3 weeks vs 1. This is likely due to the fact that the human race has no immunity to this particular strain. So if you have diabetes, heart disease and/or are obese, it is far more likely you will develop double pneumonia—which is what almost all fatalities result from.

Edited by MikeRapp

24 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

The unique aspect of this virus is it is three times more contagious than the flu and it takes three times longer to recover: 3 weeks vs 1. This is likely due to the fact that the human race has no immunity to this particular strain. So if you have diabetes, heart disease and/or are obese, it is far more likely you will develop double pneumonia—which is what almost all fatalities result from.

Don’t forget weakened immune system due to disability or inability to keep a more active lifestyle. Lost someone for that reason during a bad flu strain over two years back. Sad part was they pretty much stayed at home during this so probably picked it up from a visitor.

• Like 1

i've been dying since the day i was born. time and method TBD.

so back to SCVs executive director

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Same here.  Life is a sexually transmitted condition with a 100% chance of mortality.  

But, more on-topic - I think we may be about to see the ‘unforeseen consequences’ of the (1) elimination of regional Drum Corps circuits & (2) the decision to go to national membership vs a large core of local members with limited members from outside the local area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think we may be about to see the ‘unforeseen consequences’ of the (1) elimination of regional Drum Corps circuits & (2) the decision to go to national membership vs a large core of local members with limited members from outside the local area. 

Without a doubt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Same here.  Life is a sexually transmitted condition with a 100% chance of mortality.  

But, more on-topic - I think we may be about to see the ‘unforeseen consequences’ of the (1) elimination of regional Drum Corps circuits & (2) the decision to go to national membership vs a large core of local members with limited members from outside the local area. 

I think we are about to see a return to normal. 

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I think we are about to see a return to normal. 

I hope so.
But, as they say in Texas ‘You  can hope in one hand &  spit in the other & see which one fills up first.  
I suppose as well that ‘normal’ requires definition - I define normal as like we were in January 2020   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I hope so.
But, as they say in Texas ‘You  can hope in one hand &  spit in the other & see which one fills up first.  
I suppose as well that ‘normal’ requires definition - I define normal as like we were in January 2020   

Speaking of such, Texas just passed PA for 7th most CV cases. Didn’t think that would happen but Texas has been over 1000 a day IIRC and PA under 500. But PA reopening more counties today and seeing people at the store mask less because they think green = go back to normal. We shall see... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Like he, he's also dying.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Back in simpler times when we were worried about woodwinds.

• Haha 4