Ghostlight segment on CBS

Anybody else see the Ghostlight segment on CBS Sunday Morning? They did a 10 minute segment about Broadway Theaters and their use of a ...GHOSTLIGHT. How prescient of Blue Devils.  Now-were they prescient of Broadway Theater or Drum Corps? I guess they were inadvertently warning us that BOTH would go dark.

• Like 1

Prescient? Ghost lights have been in constant use for decades.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Prescient? Ghost lights have been in constant use for decades.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya

I think you are the one who doesn’t understand.  

9 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I don’t understand how it fits in Drum Corps or Blue Devils. And yes I googled ghost light in theater which added to the confusion 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I don’t understand how it fits in Drum Corps or Blue Devils. And yes I googled ghost light in theater which added to the confusion 

Which is perfectly OK, because you did not use that as a basis to insult another human being.  Especially someone who does not post here that often, whose post has done no harm to anyone.

• Like 1

Agree I was saying there was more than one who doesn’t get it 

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Incorrect. The Blue Devils show didn't "predict" the shutdowns of theater performances or the DCI season simply by using a ghostlight as the basis for their show, because ghost lights are often used every day regardless of whether the theater is open or not; i.e., they are not a predictor of a theater being open or closed long-term.

57 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Incorrect. The Blue Devils show didn't "predict" the shutdowns of theater performances or the DCI season simply by using a ghostlight as the basis for their show, because ghost lights are often used every day regardless of whether the theater is open or not; i.e., they are not a predictor of a theater being open or closed long-term.

Dear god, man, she obviously wasn’t saying it was a literal prediction.  It was just a light-hearted play on the notion of DCI and theaters going dark.  

Next you will be correcting us for believing that a chicken could have the ability to comprehend a transportational thoroughfare as a boundary to an extent sufficient to formulate an actionable objective of transitioning to a different position relative to that boundary.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Next you will be correcting us for believing that a chicken could have the ability to comprehend a transportational thoroughfare as a boundary to an extent sufficient to formulate an actionable objective of transitioning to a different position relative to that boundary.

Seems reasonable to me.

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Dear god, man, she obviously wasn’t saying it was a literal prediction.  It was just a light-hearted play on the notion of DCI and theaters going dark.  

Thanks skevinp-you just said it ten times better than I could. You summed it up beautifully. Just for the record though I am a man, an old man and an old but enthusiastic member of Friends of DCI since '83 and an even older fan of Drum Corps since my 1st show in '64.

• Like 1