Ghostlight segment on CBS

I saw the segment on CBS. Some fun commentary from the celebrities in it. For me, it brought more "light" into understanding the 2019 BD show. 😃

And the 2019 BD production has become one of my all time favorite BD shows.

• Like 2

The reason for the thread, the Ghostlight segment on CBS was well done and interesting but for me when I hear the term Ghostlight my 1st thought will be Blue Devils 2019.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BDguardsman said:

I saw the segment on CBS. Some fun commentary from the celebrities in it. For me, it brought more "light" into understanding the 2019 BD show. 😃

And the 2019 BD production has become one of my all time favorite BD shows.

I agree 100%. Thanks to the extra help that BD is always willing to put out there in 1 form or another, I have found it easier to understand what BD is doing as the summer goes on. They really "share" their thoughts through talks or especially BD360.

1 hour ago, denmum said:

Thanks skevinp-you just said it ten times better than I could. You summed it up beautifully. Just for the record though I am a man, an old man and an old but enthusiastic member of Friends of DCI since '83 and an even older fan of Drum Corps since my 1st show in '64.

Sorry, I read denmum and thought maybe you were a den mother like we had back in cub scouts.  😄

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Sorry, I read denmum and thought maybe you were a den mother like we had back in cub scouts.  😄

No problem. It is a shortened version of my 1st and last names.

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

Dear god, man, she obviously wasn’t saying it was a literal prediction.  It was just a light-hearted play on the notion of DCI and theaters going dark.  

Next you will be correcting us for believing that a chicken could have the ability to comprehend a transportational thoroughfare as a boundary to an extent sufficient to formulate an actionable objective of transitioning to a different position relative to that boundary.

no they just wanted to get to the other side

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, denmum said:

Anybody else see the Ghostlight segment on CBS Sunday Morning? They did a 10 minute segment about Broadway Theaters and their use of a ...GHOSTLIGHT. How prescient of Blue Devils.  Now-were they prescient of Broadway Theater or Drum Corps? I guess they were inadvertently warning us that BOTH would go dark.

Didn't see the segment. Thanks for letting us know about it. We rent our theatre spaces from a much larger company, and our landlord locked down well over two months ago, and not having been able to get in, I honestly have no idea whether they left the ghostlights plugged in or not.

• Like 1

It actually started in the old theaters with the use of vintage gas lamps that would burn until all of the fuel was used up after shut off.  Then the tradition moved to a electrical light source.  It's mainly for safety purposes when first entering a dark stage or venue.  We have a "ghost light" in our school's theatre & it's been burning since we shut down in March.  

We also leave two seats open for our "ghostly" guest.  (Or it maybe because the spring mechanisms are broken.)  I will admit that the shadows thrown from the single light source center stage is a little creepy.  Plus the various sounds produced in the quiet venue.  Maybe...      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

We also leave two seats open for our "ghostly" guest.     

And I'm most appreciative for this, but I like to hover in different locations at times.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2