Xmen director resigns

So what was Morrison’s latest position with the corps? And just shaking my head at “he resigned”. Sounds like it was all his choice and corps took little action. And would feel a LOT better if corps would form plans to fight this and release them in the near future instead of just saying “we will move...”. Whole statement sounds as stiff as a wet noodle. 

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:whlie having an executive director who posts something like that?

Point of reference- he hasn’t been the executive director since last August. Was a sitting BOD member. Now is not that either.  (His wife, who used to be on the board, was not currently) 

• Thanks 1

I find it appalling that they thanked him for his service in the press release. #### that after his ########.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CACTSC said:

Point of reference- he hasn’t been the executive director since last August. Was a sitting BOD member. Now is not that either.  (His wife, who used to be on the board, was not currently) 

Thank you for that clarification.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I find it appalling that they thanked him for his service in the press release. #### that after his ########.

Eh, it's pro forma in situations like this. 

Upside for him is that now he's free to spread as much disinformation and discord as he wants via social media.  😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So what was Morrison’s latest position with the corps? And just shaking my head at “he resigned”. Sounds like it was all his choice and corps took little action. And would feel a LOT better if corps would form plans to fight this and release them in the near future instead of just saying “we will move...”. Whole statement sounds as stiff as a wet noodle. 

i am sure he still has a lot of personal money tied up in everything

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am sure he still has a lot of personal money tied up in everything

He has literally contributed a #### ton of his own money to the corps over the years. How quickly people forget. 

5 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

He has literally contributed a #### ton of his own money to the corps over the years. How quickly people forget. 

This is actually a problem that lots of non-profits are having to confront: some of their donors and board members are, shall we say, seriously misguided individuals.

So the organization's leadership, not wanting to lose the financial support, looks the other way even as those people do and say things that make staff, volunteers, and constituents very uncomfortable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So the organization's leadership, not wanting to lose the financial support, looks the other way even as those people do and say things that make staff, volunteers, and constituents very uncomfortable.

I mean he quite literally was the organizations leadership. He wasn’t going to fire himself. And there wasn’t a functional board. NOW there is a new director and a functional board (and they are still adding to that board) and this is the very quick result. I see this as a very positive move for the corps.