Xmen director resigns

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

IIRC the phrase was “BLM is a hoax”

If I get banned I don’t care because I’m sick of this from all sides...

Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie... 

We are all getting sick of the nonsense in this country. I'm really asking an honest question though, not trying to stir the pot. The BLM movement is silent on two very important points: the large number of black on black killings in this country and the large number of abortions in the black community. These are two very valid points that many choose to ignore. And sadly, this honest question may get me banned from this site. Oh well, this is an extremely volatile time for America and I simply refuse to follow the forced narrative and be silent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, dans said:

We are all getting sick of the nonsense in this country. I'm really asking an honest question though, not trying to stir the pot. The BLM movement is silent on two very important points: the large number of black on black killings in this country and the large number of abortions in the black community. These are two very valid points that many choose to ignore. And sadly, this honest question may get me banned from this site. Oh well, this is an extremely volatile time for America and I simply refuse to follow the forced narrative and be silent.

The only part I am addressing is Moody saying that BLM is a hoax. I’m taking that to mean BLM does not exist which is not true. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The only part I am addressing is Moody saying that BLM is a hoax. I’m taking that to mean BLM does not exist which is not true. 

I understand Jim. It would be silly to try and advance the notion that BLM doesn't exist. However, I struggle to take the movement serious when they refuse to address the 2 issues that I mentioned. If the movement is just about black lives why won't they address the number of black lives that are ended by abortion as well as the black on black killings?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dans said:

I understand Jim. It would be silly to try and advance the notion that BLM doesn't exist. However, I struggle to take the movement serious when they refuse to address the 2 issues that I mentioned.  

So 400 years of enslavement and legalized discrimination don't factor into your concerns? Lower income groups have higher level of criminality on a per capita basis than high income groups (though no one's been looting the last 40 years like the top guys). Why would African Americans be more likely to be low income after 150 years of nominal 'equality' than other ethnic groups?

Until you address THAT issue head on and recognize that the country never took the cultural and legal steps necessary to grant black Americans full equality in issues having to do with voting, property rights, etc, etc, etc, focusing on what 20-somethings involved in gang pissing wars is more than a little disingenuous, imho. Anyone who marched drum corps in the 60s and 70s was born into a country where it was still legal to deny black people the right to vote in some states, so this isn't ancient history. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dans said:

You don’t want to ask honest questions. You want to keep moving the goal post. You revealed your true colors when you wrote your now deleted post “oh thank god...something other than Black Lives Matter”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Slingerland said:
Until you address THAT issue head on and recognize that the country never took the cultural and legal steps necessary to grant black Americans full equality in issues having to do with voting, property rights, etc, etc, etc, focusing on what 20-somethings involved in gang pissing wars is more than a little disingenuous, imho. Anyone who marched drum corps in the 60s and 70s was born into a country where it was still legal to deny black people the right to vote in some states, so this isn't ancient history. 

Other week informed someone of Loving v VA that went to the Supreme Court. Issue was VA (and some other states?) did not recognize mixed race marriage. So if you were married to someone of another race and stayed in the same room in a VA motel you could be arrested on morals charge. Law finally thrown out early 70s. About the same time half the males in my HS MB were in love with a Japanese/Black (mom might have been a war bride) bassoon player.

(more to come after I google more details)

I deleted a control character and now can’t edit or show slingerlands post in my above post. I quoted anyone who marched in 60s and 70s was in a time when blacks were denied votes in some states

Loving v VA overturned mixed race marriage ban (and subsequent morals charges) in 1967. I must have heard about it while in HS in early 70s which is why I thought it was later. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

IIRC the phrase was “BLM is a hoax”

If I get banned I don’t care because I’m sick of this from all sides...

Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie... 

I would phrase it ‘Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie without consequences’. We can’t legislate against stupidity. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I would phrase it ‘Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie without consequences’. We can’t legislate against stupidity. 

Like that too... just to be clear to everyone I was thinking of people who knowingly lie but justify it by saying it is free speech. Too stupid to know the difference is one thing but using freedom of speech like this makes me want to 🤮

Then there was the segregationalist I worked with for a few years. Guy had the most amazing “facts” he thought were true. Had the cutest blank look when someone corrected him on something